Pouring Fluid!

exploited789

when i start my truck what smells like coolant(im actually quite sure its coolant is spilling out the back of my engine) on the passanger side i believe its the heaters hose/hoses i check my radiator and its low after running and my temp gauge soars to H after just a few short minutes.

instead of driving i called my buddy and was towed home

hoping im right on this one if anyone else has ideas please let me know

its not to sweet of a smell but its a brown fluid and when i pour water into the rad a rust or brown colored foam comes up, im guessing its from my engine because seeing as i just rebuilt my front end the rad is brand new. I took off all four hoses last night and the lower one was obviously dry rotted as is completly ripped in half where it meets the steel tubing also the metal tubing is pretty rusted

i fixed it no more leaks....but now i have a much more serious problem on my hands, after replacing the hoses i found that my a.i.-somthing box is messed up its the round thing that looks like the brake booster and has a rectangle attached to the front its in front of the carbon canister on the driver side but the hose that connects to the rectangle busted separating the two metal pipes. i believe this is for smog and its does something with the atmospheric pressure and the cat for emissions. i started my truck after pouring collant in the rad and everything and after just a warm up of five minutes no reving or anything just idle my temp gauge shot up almost to H, i though it might be the thermostat stuck but i just replaced it a few weeks ago, even the dipstick burnt me, can anyone have an idea as to what this is, unfortunatly i think it might be a blown head or something serious

i fixed it no more leaks....but now i have a much more serious problem on my hands, after replacing the hoses i found that my a.i.-somthing box is messed up its the round thing that looks like the brake booster and has a rectangle attached to the front its in front of the carbon canister on the driver side but the hose that connects to the rectangle busted separating the two metal pipes. i believe this is for smog and its does something with the atmospheric pressure and the cat for emissions. i started my truck after pouring collant in the rad and everything and after just a warm up of five minutes no reving or anything just idle my temp gauge shot up almost to H, i though it might be the thermostat stuck but i just replaced it a few weeks ago, even the dipstick burnt me, can anyone have an idea as to what this is, unfortunatly i think it might be a blown head or something serious

Not sure of teh "a.I-something box" you're referring to. But don't jump to the super bad conclusions just yet. Start from the basics. Any codes? Drain the coolant, screen it, and re-install. Obviously you've already had issues there, its worth a shot. T-stat may be new, but maybe its defective or something simple like that. Rare, but its happened. The dipstick burnt you? That could be scary if there's a leak/blow by and steam, etc., but lets not go there yet. If the oil is clean, I'd move on and check the rest first before suspecting a head issue. Patience, grasshoppa. *pot calling the kettle black*