Things That Are Wrong With My 90 Se V6...

GhostPath

As we all know, you can't expect to buy a used car and not find some problems. Here's what I found on my "new" 90 SE.

Minor things I knew about when I bought the thing:

Air conditioning is weird, cuts off when it gets really hot outside.

Blower housing needs to be cleaned out (think I saw an article about this in the archives).

Headlights need to be replaced.

Major things that I didn't know about:

Transmission lost third gear. Overdrive still works, but third gear went byebye on the drive home even though it had been fine on several test drives. - so I have first, second, and second plus OD.

Sway bar bushing *missing* - who makes poly bushings for these?

Suggestions would be appreciated.

depending on where you are located, i have a perfectly fine auto tranny out of a 95 that may work. the only trouble you might have with it is that i think the pre 94 models were cable driven speedos out of the transmission, so im not sure if you can rig something up or not....

otherwise if you want to ill sell it to you really cheap!! i just want it out of my garage!!!!!!!

depending on where you are located, i have a perfectly fine auto tranny out of a 95 that may work. the only trouble you might have with it is that i think the pre 94 models were cable driven speedos out of the transmission, so im not sure if you can rig something up or not....

otherwise if you want to ill sell it to you really cheap!! i just want it out of my garage!!!!!!!

I may have to keep an eye on you sammy... my 95 auto is starting to act.... funny. had it rebuilt a while back but I've been abusing it.