Rust Protection

AlMac

Not sure if it works, but some manufacturers of similar devices will give you (I beleive) 10 or 15 years garranty if installed on new vehicles......pretty tempting when you're purchasing a new vehicle you plan on keeping a while.

Denis

I don't know the science behind this stuff, but it does work as long as the steel is submerged in a fluid(saltwater) while the charge is being emitted. A company I worked for years ago made what we called stringers for offshore platforms and ships. It basically just electrically charges the water and steel in a small area around the stringer. We made lots of different lengths to protect the legs from above the water surface to the sea floor on the inside of the huge "pipes" they use for legs. For as many as we sold and the price we were charging I'd hate to think they don't work. I was told that the electric charge was so minimal that you can safely dive/swim in the water while the system is activated. It also has no effect on fish as you can usually catch lots more fish around the rigs.

We mainly made sewage treatment for military and cruise ships that electronically turn urine and feces into chlorinated water, but that's a sh!tty subject. lol

Here's another one of those made for cars.

opps, I forgot the link.