Where To Buy Vg33e Lifters?

XPLORx4

I am thinking about having swapping my camshafts with regrinds from Schneider Cams. I understand the new grind will require new lifters. Is that correct, or can the old lifters be used with the new cams? If I need new ones, where is the best place to order them from? Anyone have a part number?

Thanks.

Schneider highly recommends replacing the lifters with the cams, but you could resurface your old lifters with 1000 grit sandpaper using a flat, level surface to work on. Once you've got them to a mirror-like finish, stand them up in a bowl of oil and heat the oil to 100*-150*F to thin it and shake the bowl for 5-10 minutes. This is supposed to re-oil the lifters and get any air pockets out. I haven't tried it, but I heared it works ok. I was thinking of reusing mine, but I figured why risk a dollar to save a dime, you know? So I'm going to take the hit and buy all new ones once they send my cams back. I'd like to know where to get them at a good price, too. I've seen OE ones ranging from $13 to $18 each but I'd really like to get them for ~$10 if I could.

The part # for the VG30 ones is 13231-v5005, don't know if that will help but there it is.

• 2 weeks later...