Ecu Question

mazdaverx7

i'm interested in purchasing an ecu for my Hardbody pickup (i've been spending a lot of time here, as i have learned a TON from the Pathfinder guys here) and it is p/n MECS-G605 the heading on the sticker is 12. my ecu (currently fried by the previous owner) is an MECS-G625 with a heading of 02. my HB has the VG30I with a 5spd and 4wd. do you guys know if this ecu will cross reference and work or if the fuel maps will be completely off? i'm just rteally trying to get this truck up and going. thank you for the help. i can post pics if you guys want.

It has an ECU for the tranny as well, but the AT model's ECU works with the tranny computer as well. So, you can swap an auto ECU to a manual truck, but not the other way around.

ok, that helps a lot!! thank you. it seems almost impossible to find another ecu from a manual trans D21. i have located an auto trans ecu at a fair price and was hoping that the ecu from the auto trans D21 would work in my 5spd D21.

ok, that helps a lot!! thank you. it seems almost impossible to find another ecu from a manual trans D21. i have located an auto trans ecu at a fair price and was hoping that the ecu from the auto trans D21 would work in my 5spd D21.

Yeah, it may set some error codes related to the transmission (since you don't have the automatic transmission controller in your truck, obviously the ECU won't be able to talk to it), but you can ignore them. The ECU certainly won't care about it in terms of running the engine.