Block Coolant Drain Plugs?

zack1978

HI everyone,

I need to change the anti-freeze in my 1995 Pathfinder soon. As a warm up, yesterday I changed the anti-freeze in my 1995 SE-V6 King CAb 4x4 pick up. I found the pet **** on the radiator and the 10mm air release bolt, however I could not find the 2 block drain plugs. I think there is one plug on each side of the engine? When I drained the radiator and over flow bottle, I was only able to change about one full gallon. I know it holds more than that. ANy help? Thanks!

Zack

I can't believe that the word petcock is blocked?

Zack

One bolt (driver side) is super easy to get too. Just look on the front driver side of the block behind the alternator you can't miss it.

The passenger side one I could reach (near the motor mount) but I could not undo mine. They aren't that hard to spot. I'll snap some pictures when My GF comes over sometime this week.

Edited by Gotrek

Just did mine. The driver's side is easy to get to. From underneath the car it's close to the front of the block. After undoing it coolant may still not come out due to corrosion. Just take a small screwdriver and start poking around. Coolant will start to come out. The passenger side is nearly impossible to undo because it's in back of stuff (sorry, can't remember what) but I just gave up. The unfortunately thing is that there's still quite a bit of coolant left over. My hope is that the fresh fluid will be good enough as a refresher.

I know some here don't agree with this but I always suggest using good quality phosphate free coolant. Pentosin makes some quality stuff. I've used Prestone's and didn't like it. Seeped all over the place.