Welding (what Type Do You Use)

josh

Yeah, I spent probably the hotest day of the year fixing my frame when I did it, so the duty cycle got me out of the heat and gave me an excuse to have a beer. I hate the duty cycle when I am 1/4" from the end of a bead and it kicks. Otherwise I kinda like my little welder, and won't bother buying a larger one unless I would go back into serious fabrications. When I was doing it before, the guy I was working with had the equipment. If I weld anything at work I tend to rent a welder (customer has to pay for it ;) ), one local place has a nice dual voltage stick/tig machine they charge $60/day for.

Yeah, in theory my frame could be done right now and I'd be driving in style again, but everytime I got out to do it, I'd give up because it was too damn hot, not to mention the heat from the welder, its nice in the winter though. Also, I don't know whether you've seen pics of mine, but would you suggest I cut off the rail and weld in some new tube, or should I just try and build on whatever metal is left? I've grinded down a good portion but didn't have time to finish so I sprayed it all down with oil and parked it back in the forest.