Top-secret engine pics and info.

88pathoffroad

Here's a peek at what I've been up to for the last two or three weeks. Let me just say that Lee from L&P Performance (http://www.lpperformance.com) has had a MAJOR hand in my engine mods thus far and I'm pretty much going to do to mine what he's done to his engine, to a degree. His is running 11:1 compression, adjustable cam gears, custom ground camshafts, etc, etc, etc... Mine is coming along. This is the fuel injection unit for the 1987-1989 Pathfinder V6. Totally ported, polished, modified and cleaned out. The inside isn't just shiny, it GLITTERS. It's AWESOME! :D Should add about 10 HP, mostly on the top end.

Check it out. http://www.lpperformance.com/Performance%20Services.htm

TBItop6.jpg

TBIbottom2.jpg

I repainted the aircleaner housing, trimmed off all of the outer rim clips, vaccuum line spigots, breather hose line port and everything, plugged all the extra holes in the aircleaner, removed the hot air riser and valve, the temp sensor valve from underneath and generally made it watertight up to that point. It's almost totally smooth around the perimiter. I've added a K&N breather filter for the crankcase breather as opposed to using the stock filter foam stuff in the stock aircleaner housing. All the recirculatory/EGR accessories, carbon canister, AIV lines/hoses, etc except for the PCV valve and breather filter have been removed. All the TBI unit coolant lines have been removed. I think there are about four total vaccuum lines left on my whole engine right now. :D

shinyengine.jpg

Thanks! Now all I need to do is remove the AC compressor, lines, etc...move the alternator up top and get a new coil for the MSD system. I'm running the stock ignition at this time due to coil problems in the past. ;)

But the total timing IS advanced 2 degrees and running perfectly fine. :D

Hey 88, how is that running for you so far with all the vacuum stuff removed? Which ones are you still using and which ones did you remove? I too removed all the emissions stuff and have not experienced any problems at all associated with that. Any Idle problems at all? Where is it idling at? Sorry for all the questions, but I have been considering doing this for quite some time, just haven't the time to figure it all out.

It runs fine the way it is, when it's fully warmed up. It likes to try and stumble when it's halfway warmed up and I give it gas. Runs perfectly great otherwise. Not a single complaint. Better acceleration and more kick to the seat of the pants! I set the Neutral idle at about 1000-1100 RPM's to counter the power accessories pulling too much off the top end of the engine. In gear, it sits at about 800-900. I also re-set the AIC valve control a little higher so the engine kicks up a little more when I turn on the A/C.

It runs fine the way it is, when it's fully warmed up. It likes to try and stumble when it's halfway warmed up and I give it gas. Runs perfectly great otherwise. Not a single complaint. Better acceleration and more kick to the seat of the pants! I set the Neutral idle at about 1000-1100 RPM's to counter the power accessories pulling too much off the top end of the engine. In gear, it sits at about 800-900. I also re-set the AIC valve control a little higher so the engine kicks up a little more when I turn on the A/C.

You're lucky you don't have emmissions testing. If I remember right, 1000 or 1100 is the cutoff aruond here, if you can't idle under that to test, you fail. I hate those tests. Mine is due in the next month, so hopefully I won't be here looking for help soon. :X