Junkyard shopping

Mr. Pickles

I took a 4 day weekend and found myself cruising the local boneyards today. Scored some decent toys. Got a stock steering stabilizer set-up from a 4x4 Hardbody for $15. Its a dream! Direct bolt on fit to the Pathy, and completely solved my steering slop issues. The front end has been checked out and everything else was in order, so on went the stabilizer and it drives smooth as ever, no shimmy or anything- at all!

Also picked up some Jeep GC coils. I took a bit of a bath on these at $20 each, but they were already just sitting there since somebody else tore into the suspension for other stuff and left them. So, I'll just call the little steeper price "lack-of-labor" charge.

FYI for those in the S. Puget Sound area, Meridian Auto Wrecking on S. Hill Puyallup (way out there) has several Pathys, including a few 4 doors. The interiors on some are even somewhat together (mostly grey in color). I saw some complete gauge clusters, trim, etc. and lots of intact suspensions. Have fun.

Hmmm, I am taking next Tuesday off, wonder if that will solve my vibration issues up front. :idea:

May have to invite you up for a couple cold ones.

Did they take it off for you or is it a self pick yard?

Its self pick. That actually came for South Hill Auto Wrecking on 128th. It was the only one I saw there. That was my first stop, so I didn't look for any stabilzers at Meridian, but I'd bet they have them. There were many more trucks there than at S. Hill, and not as picked over. Happy hunting! :beer:

Hmm, I don't remember a concrete fence. More like chain link. Its on Meridian almost to Graham, past the landfill. A very big place. The Nissan's are almost to the very back of the place, in the middle.