New Toy

PedroTerrano

Well here i am.

I needed a cheap rocket to spend time at the beach and show the kids some of Moreton and Fraser Is.

Bought a 1990 Terrano last year and decided to learn to surf (middle age crisis?).

On the first trip to the beach we got stuck a few times so the financial controller agreed to the power upgrade and intercooler for more get up and go in the sand.

Since then we have had a bit of water over the bonnet and up the windscreen, the family reaction always amuses me, so i've jacked up the suspension and i am thinking of adding a 50mm body lift and snorkel.

I see body lift spacer's are advitised on the net but i was wondering whether the auto shift lever operation is affected, has anyone got any stories good or bad about DIY installation ?

Welcome! Body lifts aren't all that difficult, just a bit time consuming especially if you're doing it by yourself. Be sure to spray the bolts (10) with penetrating oil or PB Blaster a few days beforehand. 17 year old bolts aren't usually too willing to come out easily. And AFAIK, the auto shift is controlled by a cable so no worries.

JJ is right. I just did a 3" Body lift on my 95, with Auto Transmission, and the tranny is cable shifted. No worries on the cable at all.

Well here i am.

I needed a cheap rocket to spend time at the beach and show the kids some of Moreton and Fraser Is.

Bought a 1990 Terrano last year and decided to learn to surf (middle age crisis?).

On the first trip to the beach we got stuck a few times so the financial controller agreed to the power upgrade and intercooler for more get up and go in the sand.

Since then we have had a bit of water over the bonnet and up the windscreen, the family reaction always amuses me, so i've jacked up the suspension and i am thinking of adding a 50mm body lift and snorkel.

I see body lift spacer's are advitised on the net but i was wondering whether the auto shift lever operation is affected, has anyone got any stories good or bad about DIY installation ?

Keep to 50mm, they are still legal, for now anyway.

What part of OZ are you in?