August 19th 2007

Smithk

Well I'm looking at doing another run on August 19th. So far no time or place just August 19th seems like a nice day hopefully. As with before any suggestions feel free to post them for a trip,etc.

Well I'm looking at doing another run on August 19th. So far no time or place just August 19th seems like a nice day hopefully. As with before any suggestions feel free to post them for a trip,etc.

I wouldn't mind heading up eagle mtn. for that trip. Never been up there, hear it's nice

Anyone been to Sunrise Lake?? I was on the trail last weekend and it was getting pretty rough so I chickened out(it was only me and the wife in the truck) It's off the Harrison logging road and now I really want to go for it!! I saw pics of the lake and it looks nice.

Where's eagle mountain?

Eagle Mountain is just at the top of Johnson in Coquitlam. You are more then welcome to join in on the trip on the 19th of August.

Cool, I thought I heard they re-opened that, I've always wanted to see Coquitlam lake. Are you guys still going?? I want to but I also really want to do my timing belt so we'll see if I can get 'er done in time!!(no pun intended,lol)

Anyone been to Sunrise Lake?? I was on the trail last weekend and it was getting pretty rough so I chickened out(it was only me and the wife in the truck) It's off the Harrison logging road and now I really want to go for it!! I saw pics of the lake and it looks nice.

I've been up to Sunrise Lake a couple times, not in my Pathfinder though, yet. It's a nice lake and at this time of the year it is very warm. The trail condition varies but it is usually doable with a stock truck and 31" tires. You must have turned around before the v-rock, otherwise you would have mentioned it. It is the only obstacle that you would/could have trouble with, you have to stradle the v and be carefull not to damage your rocker panels, rock sliders are recommended. From the West FSR to the lake its only a couple kms or so, it's not far. The 4WDABC does a monthly maintenance run up there to keep it clean. Check out bc4x4.com message board for loads of info and pics of the v-rock and the lake.

Cheers!

Check out this thread for example:

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=11705...unrise+lake+run

Edited by HitTheTrails

I've been up to Sunrise Lake a couple times, not in my Pathfinder though, yet. It's a nice lake and at this time of the year it is very warm. The trail condition varies but it is usually doable with a stock truck and 31" tires. You must have turned around before the v-rock, otherwise you would have mentioned it. It is the only obstacle that you would/could have trouble with, you have to stradle the v and be carefull not to damage your rocker panels, rock sliders are recommended. From the West FSR to the lake its only a couple kms or so, it's not far. The 4WDABC does a monthly maintenance run up there to keep it clean. Check out bc4x4.com message board for loads of info and pics of the v-rock and the lake.

Cheers!

Check out this thread for example:

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=11705...unrise+lake+run

You got it!!, I turned around right in front of V-rock and have a couple pics. I figured doing it alone wouldn't be too smart. I might want to go on the run with the club. I have 31's, are the rock sliders nerf bars? Thanks for the info

Cheers!

Okay the details of the trip are as follows:

Sunday August 19th meet at the Petro-Canada on Johnson street before we climb up to Eagle. I'm figuring around 1400 since it looks like I have to pick up my mother from the airport before we can hit the trails. Any questions PM me and I'll try to respond ASAP, see you there hopefully.

Never been up to Sunrise lake maybe another trip in the future...

Okay the details of the trip are as follows:

Sunday August 19th meet at the Petro-Canada on Johnson street before we climb up to Eagle. I'm figuring around 1400 since it looks like I have to pick up my mother from the airport before we can hit the trails. Any questions PM me and I'll try to respond ASAP, see you there hopefully.

Never been up to Sunrise lake maybe another trip in the future...

Damn I gotta miss it, I hope to be on the next run!!

Trip was some what sucessful, I figure we got about 1/2 way or more up the mountain before Porter's truck was really getting bogged down on the large rocks with his street tires. We impressed majority of the others on the trail by saying we are running stock Pathfinders in which we are except my tires aren't really streets as Porter's are. No real damage just my power steering pump blew a gasket at work on Monday. We also both have some minior body damage from the large rocks,etc but hey that is what offroading is for. Oh and Porter decided to let the trail help remove his running boards :shiftyeyes:

Edited by Smithk

Trip was some what sucessful, I figure we got about 1/2 way or more up the mountain before Porter's truck was really getting bogged down on the large rocks with his street tires. We impressed majority of the others on the trail by saying we are running stock Pathfinders in which we are except my tires aren't really streets as Porter's are. No real damage just my power steering pump blew a gasket at work on Monday. We also both have some minior body damage from the large rocks,etc but hey that is what offroading is for. Oh and Porter decided to let the trail help remove his running boards :shiftyeyes:

LOL, cool sounds like good times!! So its a pretty rough trail?