Body Lift

ray1270

Hey my pathfinder has a 1989 v6 automatic trans mission. It seems to me that all the body lifts are only for manual trans. i've been browsing the internent looking for something for a auto trans...is there any anywhere? Or a cheap suspention lift? thank you

Yep, as GG said. Easy. Just completed one on my 95 LE with Auto. Was the same as for the manual.

In terms of suspension lifts, there is no cheap "kit", however, buying 93-97 Jeep Grand Cherokee FRONT coils to put in the rear, and some new Upper Control Arms (RoughCountry) then cranking up the torsion bars in the front will give you 3" of suspension lift for under $300 US. That's as good as any kit.

You'll need a steering upgrade for larger tires, as if you off road the truck, you'll kill the stock centerlink VERY quickly. hoohaa on the board makes a great replacement using stock cores, and another option is Calmini, though, they're pricey.

I keep hearing people talking about hooha centerlinks but where exactly is it and what does it do? With what size tires should you replace it. Sorry....I'm not trying to jack the thread :hide:

The hoohaa centerlink is pretty much the same as the L&P centerlink. It takes out the ball joint type links for the Idler and Pitman arms and replaces them with spherical bearings that you bolt though the arm, and centerlink, sort of sandwiching them together. This takes away rotational play from the centerlink, which is bad, allowing it only to turn on a horizontal axis, with the steering wheel, via the Pitman arm. This design saves the truck from sloppy steering and misalignment, and also saves wear on the tie rods by having less movement in them.

For tires, if you do a suspension lift with the body lift, equaling about 6" you can fit 33" tires with only a minor amount of metal trimming. So far, without flares on my new one, I haven't trimmed anything, and only have a touch of rubbing on the bottom, rear portion of the front fenders when turned.