What Muffler And Cat To Use?

PATHRIDER

Finally got around ordering my thorleys and was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as muffler and cat to get.

My pathy is a daily driver just like with some of you guys and I was thinking of getting

Dynomax Converter

Dynomax Turbo muffler

Does anyone have the part number for the right gasket to use? WAVEY

thorleys.jpg

Edited by PATHRIDER

I recently had installed the Dynomax Super Turbo and Dynomax Catalytic Converter in your links, along with 2.25" pipe. Mine is a daily driver, and I'll probably have to remove the muffler. I won't know until I fix the leak with my Thorley headers, which I also just installed. Right now, my pathy sounds like a freight train (really embarassing), but my exhaust leak is really bad (http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15077). It's fine at idle, but it's just plain stupid-loud in gear. YMMV, though.

Oh, Autozone lists three exhaust gaskets. The part numbers are MS92271 ($16.99), 037-8002 ($17.99) and MS4014 ($14.99). I used the first (felpro) following the advice of others. I also used the Permatex Ultra Copper RTV silicone (see that other thread I was talking about). The leak out of my passenger side collector tube is so loud that I can't tell whether the headers are leaking, so I'm just going to go back and do the whole passenger side over again. It will happen once the new copper collector gaskets and band clamp for the lap-joint arrive (again, see the thread re: this issue). HTH!

Edited by 94LE-BlackEmerald

Thanks 94. I went ahead and ordered the dynomax set up.

On the exhaust gasket,Is there a copper one for that app?

I found the collectors gasket in copper which is this one Collector gasket

and was wondering if anyone has the part number for the Y connection?

I have installed DynoMax cat and muffler in 4 vehicles so far and like all 4.

When installing, keep in mind that 90+% of gasket leaks are due to OVER-torquing of clamp bolts. Tight is good. A little more is NOT better.

Got the gaskets today and looks like the copper Y conn gasket is going to work.

According to sce rep they are in the process of making the copper manifold gasket.Im going to wait till its closer to winter time and see if theylll have one by around sept if not im going to get the felpro

allgasket.jpg

collgasket.jpg

ygasket.jpg

Edited by PATHRIDER