Voluntary Shut Off

dfather99

I was driving to work last Thursday when my pathfinder died while i was coasting at about 30mph. i did not know till i reached the a curve and found that my steering was hard. I pulled over started it back up reved it and let it idle and it was fine. Then today Monday it happened on my way back from work. I restarted it and it was fine. It has not been idling rough at all and i made a long trip over the weekend no probs and i have re-fueled since the first incident. It has been humid and I have about 199,700 :jig: miles on her. I was thinking vapor lock or something but she doesn't idle bad.

If you have any ideals let me know

I was driving to work last Thursday when my pathfinder died while i was coasting at about 30mph. i did not know till i reached the a curve and found that my steering was hard. I pulled over started it back up reved it and let it idle and it was fine. Then today Monday it happened on my way back from work. I restarted it and it was fine. It has not been idling rough at all and i made a long trip over the weekend no probs and i have re-fueled since the first incident. It has been humid and I have about 199,700 :jig: miles on her. I was thinking vapor lock or something but she doesn't idle bad.

If you have any ideals let me know

Clean you coil, it may have carbon build up. It may also have a crack in it.

See if it still happens... If so, move on to the next thing it could be.. Fuel pump for example.