Bought A Pathy Need Some Help!

edicer2

Hey guys i bought a 93 pathfinder se with 190k miles about 8 months ago and have been needing to ask a few questions about it. First off all if im getting about 230 on a tank is that bad gas mileage for this things? Also my alarm might never stops blinking how do you fix that or have any suggestions at what to look at? Also on my passenger side manifold a bolt is broke off which is a common problem i guess and was woudering since its 350 bucks to have a shop fix that if anyone thinks i can just put jb weld over the seem and the old bolt hole? Also my frame is extremely rusty, in one spot there is a chunk that looks like it could break off its like 6 inches long but its right on the corner of the frame and only about a fingures with tall and wide. Should i be worried about that? One more thing when i go over bumps my whole suspention creeks and groans is that normal also my back end makes loud clunking noises i think its the struts if so i have adjustible ones if i were to replace them can i just buy regular ones and put them on or do i need the adjustible? Sry i wrote alot but i hope you guys can help me out

Hey guys i bought a 93 pathfinder se with 190k miles about 8 months ago and have been needing to ask a few questions about it. First off all if im getting about 230 on a tank is that bad gas mileage for this things? Also my alarm might never stops blinking how do you fix that or have any suggestions at what to look at? Also on my passenger side manifold a bolt is broke off which is a common problem i guess and was woudering since its 350 bucks to have a shop fix that if anyone thinks i can just put jb weld over the seem and the old bolt hole? Also my frame is extremely rusty, in one spot there is a chunk that looks like it could break off its like 6 inches long but its right on the corner of the frame and only about a fingures with tall and wide. Should i be worried about that? One more thing when i go over bumps my whole suspention creeks and groans is that normal also my back end makes loud clunking noises i think its the struts if so i have adjustible ones if i were to replace them can i just buy regular ones and put them on or do i need the adjustible? Sry i wrote alot but i hope you guys can help me out

First off all if im getting about 230 on a tank is that bad gas mileage for this things?

really depends on your driving habits, but that's pretty bad.

Also my alarm might never stops blinking how do you fix that or have any suggestions at what to look at?

Dunno..

Also on my passenger side manifold a bolt is broke off which is a common problem i guess and was woudering since its 350 bucks to have a shop fix that if anyone thinks i can just put jb weld over the seem and the old bolt hole?

Don't be that guy, fix it right.

Also my frame is extremely rusty, in one spot there is a chunk that looks like it could break off its like 6 inches long but its right on the corner of the frame and only about a fingures with tall and wide. Should i be worried about that?

I'd worry about it, especially if it looks like it might fall off....a broken frame is not something you want to happen, especially while driving it... pretty dangerous.

One more thing when i go over bumps my whole suspention creeks and groans is that normal also my back end makes loud clunking noises i think its the struts if so i have adjustible ones if i were to replace them can i just buy regular ones and put them on or do i need the adjustible?

Creeks and groans = bad bushings...possibly not there anymore bushings. Loud clunks could be the same thing...or a broken sway bar they tend to clunk if a linkage lets go, mine did...just take it off if you don't mind a lil more body roll. Yes you can replace adjustable shocks with regular shocks.

umm have you checked your frame recently, like in the past week? because for me the clunking sound wasn't only a disconnected sway bar link. It was an upper link mount that fell off. Can you post some pictures of that area of your frame, and if you can, your whole frame. Might wanna go around with a ball pean hammer and find all the bad spots and have them welded....i think you get i the idea.

ill go check it out when its day light and try to get some pics im not really a car guy so idk what a sway bar is and stuff but ill try to get some pick from under the car and around the rear tires. The thing its i can see where the craking thing is and its about the size of a pen right on the corner of the frame its right behind the passenger rear tire you can see it pretty easy ill get pics tho. I dont want to have to spend a lot of money on this vechical because it is basically used as my "winter driver" becuase i have a 86' nissan 300zx that is mint and didnt feel like rusting that out. So basically what im saying is if its bad and is going to cost alot to fix more then likly im going to leave it until it does break becuase i only paid 500$ for it.

Edited by edicer2

yeah ik that but i looked at the frame i honestly dont think its going to break anytime soon i dont offroad or pull anything or even load stuff into the back at the most it has 3 ppl in it and 2 12" subs. But when i get a camera and its a nice day out ill go out and snap a few shots. Im pretty sure its my struts that are bad because if i go around turned it bounces around and clunks and my 300zx did the exact same thing and the problem was fixed with new struts or shocks w/e it has

these trucks are IFS (front) and coil in the rear... no struts. (or do you mean "shocks"? i know a few folks who call shocks "struts") :)