Headers for 2WD Pathy?

robbie

I just emailed a guy at Thorley and he tells me that they don't make the 2WD header for a Pathfinder V6 Auto tranny. Am I just out of luck? Seems like Pacesetters don't make one either. Do I just have to replace my leaking manifold with another costly manifold? I really would like to get a quality header for my Pathy...

Help?

You might be able to make them fit from a 4x4. Like how they make manual headers fit on an auto. This is assuming that the exhaust is all routed the same, and your auto tranny isn't different.

Smitty

The headers themselves fit just fine, it's the crossover pipe that doesn't fit around the auto transmission pan. That's the deal. An exhaust shop should be able to get the crossover pipe to fit with a little creative cutting, bending and welding. It's been done before.

It's not the auto tranny vs. manual tranny that is the problem. It's the 2WD vs 4WD issue that is of concern. I've been emailing the guys at Thorley for suggestions but they have been very stubborn about giving me any helpful information. They give me 2 word answers like "can't do it" .. "sorry".. "look elsewhere".. "can't help you" to all my email. Making me think twice about even ordering their product.

That's pretty ridiculous on their part. You'd think if anything, they would fit easier on a 2wd truck than on a 4wd. I've never climbed under a 2wd, but there should be a bit more space due to the unfortunately missing transfer case and 4wd gear.

Yes the headers will fit with modification of the crossover pipe--something any good exhaust shop can do like 88Path said.

Yes the headers will fit a 2WD. There isn't a difference between the 2WD and 4WD other than that we don't have a front drive train/transfercase.

285311_16_full.jpg

Thanks guys! I feel like I should pay you guys for some concrete help after the frustration the guys at Thorley's been giving me. You'd think since they are experts on their own product that they can take a few seconds to explain the issue to a prospective customer. It seems like they sit there and get paid to turn business down and frustrate their potential customers... or they're just one group of lazy sobs.

You gotta also take into consideration that they have a limited and concrete amount of factoids at their disposal (that probably never get updated or changed), and they also sell hundreds of different products for hundreds of different vehicles. They don't know any better, and there's no motivating factor there for them to go find out what works for every person that asks about each individual vehicle. I mean...2WD, 4WD, SE, XE, LE, E, V6, 4 cyl, auto tranny, manual tranny, the list goes on and on JUST for Pathfinders from 1987-1995 alone! You might email them the link to this thread and let them know. :)