Dunlop Mud Rovers

cohen

I can get some 32x11.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers for $350 they have a good amount of tread left because they only time they saw pavement was to and from the mud pit. The only problem is I have to get them put on my rims because there off a Samurai and I'm 95% sure they are 5 lug. Is it worth doing after buying a 3" BL? I have heard they last about 40k miles and there one of the noisest mud tires.

I have heard they last about 40k miles and there one of the noisest mud tires.
I've never owned a set, but I've heared the same thing from a few people. Maybe Venge will clear it up. BTW, check what it'll cost to mount them on your rims. Most shops I know of usually charge upwards of $40/tire for mount and balance if you don't buy the tires from them. Just something to consider.

Dan (vengeful) had some, and IIRC he loved them. got great mileage out of them and liked them offroad. correct me if im wrong......

I did have a set.

I did like them for off-road.

My on-road opinions of them are not valid in this instance, because they wore prematurely, and poorly due to improper maintenance and recurring alignment issues.

For the period that they were worn evenly and properly, they were fantastic in almost all conditions, except for really slick winter stuff (sleet, ice, packed snow), but then again, there isn't much that's any good on ice except studded snowies. They were an all-around tire. I would have gotten another set, but I decided to move to a less aggressive tread for better on-road comfort. They were very noisy on the freeway. I had to have the stereo turned up 2/3 of the way to even hear it, and I'm pushing 1500W.

Off-road, they were great. They gripped just about everything like glue. They didn't do so well in loose shale-rock type stuff, but not much does. Great in mud and sand, as would be expected from a floatation type, mud-treaded tire.

Even with my alignment issues, repeatedly running them at 15-20psi on the freeway at 70mph for 40-45miles at a time, and having never rotated them in their entire lifetime, I still saw 43,000 miles of tread life. If i had properly maintained them, had a good alignment, and didn't abuse the piss out of them like I did, I could have easily attained 60,000 miles on them, which is unheard of for a mud-tire.

I have a set of mud rovers and I love them...mine are the 31 10.5 R15's...my neighbor thought they were junk (based upon the BFG M/Ts) then I took him out for a ride on pavement and offroad and his opinion changed and bought a set for his cherokee (i think he got 32's) but they are quiet on the highway for mud tires and the clear really well and the price is good i got mine for 555 with full replacement warranty and rotations and balancing for the life of the tire...

The are a softer compound and grab great on pavement in all kinds of weather (havent tested out the snow yet tho) They dont really have that bad of a knobby start and stop, its there but its not as bad as i remember in some of my buddies trucks with coopers and BFG M/Ts