Air Bags

Lord_likuid

After getting in deep water... haha..... my airbag light is flashing.... i need to reset the airbags but i dont know how....

everything is ok in it... carpet is even cleaner than before... the only one thing that is done is the radio... i try to dry it up but nothing happend...the antena comes up and lights are on but it doesnt turn on... who knows...

so if someone knoes how to reset the airbags let me know...

once again thank you guys...

Well for my pathy this is what you do.

Get in and turn the ignition to ON. (or whatever is right before starting)

Then open the door and press the door switch in and out at least 6 times.

This will put it into diagnostics mode.

Close the door and turn the key off but not out

The turn the key back to ON.

Then take it out.

This worked for mine but I dunno about yours. Usually when your air bag computer is submerged its fried...

Whoa, dude! What's with the latest trend of R50 owners thinking they bought submarines?!!

Nissandoms' advice usually works, but in your case, here's what you need to do before performing those steps:

Disconnect negative battery cable.

Remove front seats.

Remove center console/armrest.

Remove and replace airbag computer (shown in photo below)

Reinstall center console and seats

Reconnect battery cable.

airbagcomputer_close.jpg

BTW, you'll probably need new speakers, too.

And lastly, change all of your fluids.

Edited by XPLORx4

OMG.....

so how much is it for a new airbag computer?

i am gonna try to sell it and get an older pathy.... so i need to get the stupid airbag light to stop flashing... i got the engine servise light on... i took it to auto parts and i got two pages pf things wrong and half of it is the computer.... i guess some of the stuff are fried.... $hit!!!!!!!

OMG.....

so how much is it for a new airbag computer?

i am gonna try to sell it and get an older pathy.... so i need to get the stupid airbag light to stop flashing... i got the engine servise light on... i took it to auto parts and i got two pages pf things wrong and half of it is the computer.... i guess some of the stuff are fried.... $hit!!!!!!!

Wow, yeah, your ECU is fried, too, along with who knows how many other sensors and systems. I was surprised that you didn't mention check-engine light in your first post. Expect to spend somewhere anywhere between $1000 (DIY+junkyard parts) and $4000 (take it to a shop) for repairs. And I'm sure you'll find all sorts of other problems as time goes on (headlights are full of muddy water, ABS doesn't work, dashboard doesn't work, transmission dies early, etc.)

You'd probably be better off driving it back into that pond and calling your insurance company for an estimate. Otherwise, depending on how many miles are on it, you could sell it on autotrader or craigslist as-is for around $4K. You may as well have parked it in New Orleans during Katrina.

If I were you, I wouldn't get an older Pathy. It wouldn't have fared any better in that situation. I would suggest getting one of these. Your username implies you prefer water to land, anyway. LOL. ;)

Edited by XPLORx4