Oil Filter

beano

Hi All,

Has anyone fitted the AC oil filter relocation fit to their truck? it sounds like a good idea to me but is it worth it? it would not only to make it easier to get at, but also to move it up in the eng bay away from the mud and water.

Another question, sway bar quick disconnects, how do they work? do they allow quick removal of the whole sway bar or simply allow it to move more at the supports?

Cheers, :D

Beano

sway bar disconnects work usually via a pin, the bar stays in the vehicle at all times, it works by 'disconnecting' the control arms that atach to the chassis. there good but usually cost way more than they are worth, besides its very easy to build your own.

or even better simply remove sway bars, chuck them in the corner of your garage and go flex up a storm ;)

as for the oil kit - :shrug: , i usually find oil filters if done correctly will unscrew by hand, so i dont have a problem but then again i do have a z24 so i have stacks of room in my engine bay

Thanks Guys,

Mate, i can hardly see the oil filter from the engine bay in my truck. it is tucked in right down low on the drivers side (Right hand drive). only way in is through the wheel well and can hardly get my hand around it let alone a strap spanner. typically have to distroy old filter to get it off. it is also really close to the chassis so i have to get a small one.

Thanks for teh advice on the sway bar, i had considered simply taking it off when we go 4wding so i think i will just do that.

Cheers,

Beano.

I think that the filter relocater is a good idea. You can put it anywhere you like, and you get a bit more oil to circulate through your engine and it will get some cooling too. I plan on doing it but I just haven't got around to it yet. Hot rodders use it, so it couldn't. Just my opinion.

Smitty

Yep. You can use a larger oil filter with the relocation kit, which uses a Ford #1 oil filter that typically holds about a quart of oil. The stock filter holds about 1/4 quart at most. Makes for better engine cooling via oil delivery and increased oil capacity, as well as increased ability for better filtration of the oil. Run an in-line oil cooler and you've got the makings of a professional oil system. :D

Thanks Guys,

Mate, i can hardly see the oil filter from the engine bay in my truck. it is tucked in right down low on the drivers side (Right hand drive). only way in is through the wheel well and can hardly get my hand around it let alone a strap spanner. typically have to distroy old filter to get it off. it is also really close to the chassis so i have to get a small one.

Thanks for teh advice on the sway bar, i had considered simply taking it off when we go 4wding so i think i will just do that.

Cheers,

Beano.

Ah, with right hand drive, you have the steering components and such in the way of the filter then? That would make it hard, where in left drivers, its just a tad awkward. But, the added cooling and capacity make sense for everyone. Hadn't really thought of that. Hmmm...