Headlights Not Working

my headlights are acting wierd. i replaced the bulbs, and now they dont want to work. it is like i put the wrong bulb in or something. only one works with low beams on, and only the other one works with the high beams on. :suicide::suicide:

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...p;p=entry

Thought there was a how-to, but there are 4-5 screws on the bottom of your steering wheel cover to remove. The switch is held in place by two additional screws.

mine has been replaced twice w/ j/yard switches. Paid $10 each time, but they only last a year or two b4 you have to do it again.

You don't need a perfect match. The one I have now has a cruise control switch where my truck doesnt. Just cut that wire and lights work fine. The 1st donor switch came from a Hardbody P/up.

If you go that route, take your switch to the junkyard so you can make sure the mounting bolts and contacts line up.

• 3 weeks later...

my truck did the same thing. it would have 12v at the conector but with the bulb in. the voltage would drop like a brick to like 2v. i made a relay for each power wire and used the 2v. out of the old harnes as a signal for the relay. it worked. i used two fog light relays. getting power from the battery. use a fuse inline with your power wire will save you a melt down. lol...just an idea..

Edited by sfBAYarea

Guess what, I drove to work this morning with only one headlight. J/y switches don't last long.

my truck did the same thing. it would have 12v at the conector but with the bulb in. the voltage would drop like a brick to like 2v. i made a relay for each power wire and used the 2v. out of the old harnes as a signal for the relay. it worked. i used two fog light relays. getting power from the battery. use a fuse inline with your power wire will save you a melt down. lol...just an idea..

That sounds like a good idea.

ok so I cleaned the switch and all that bs in there. my problem is still not fixed. i would like to be able to see the road at night. right now it looks as if i have two very old flashlights lighting up the road. sfbayarea how hard was the whole relay thing? sounds easy just cant picture what your saying(typing)