Old Man Emu Lift

Dark94XE

Please don't flame me on this, but I've been searching for info on the OME lift, and the search option doesn't come up with anything. My '94 is used 90% on the road, but sometimes goes where the pavement ends. Does anyone have any useful info on this lift? Thanks.

Thank you, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal exprience with OME.

I recently installed the OME suspension on my 2004 LE and am pretty happy with it. It's only about a 3/4" lift but the spring, shocks and struts are heavy duty and the ride is great.

I would stay away from Rocky Road Outfitters as they were very slow in shipping the order (almost 3 weeks) and then sent me a defective shock that looked like it had been returned before. It only got worse from there as they refused to send me another one and said I had to return it through ARB for a new one under warranty (although I never installed it, they said it was "OME policy", which ARB, the distributor, said wasn't true). Anyway, Rocky Road doesn't seem to be reputable or well run as a busines, but you should be able to find another dealer for OME equipment at the www.arbusa.com website.

i had no trouble ordering my headers from rocky road. they never had them in stock but Shawn had a set of them drop-shipped from the throley factory in california.

read this thread, you will find some cheaper alternatives to the OME kit

Aftermarket Part list

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Thanks for the link. I read it a little late though. I ordered my OME kit from 4x4 Connection in VA. Really nice guys. The springs are back ordered, of course, and the shocks and steering dampener are being drop shipped from ARB in Seattle. I'll have the shocks and dampened in a week and a half...I won't have the springs for 3 to 3-1/2 weeks...they have to come from Australia, I suppose. Bummer. I checked around and everyone had the same story.