A/c Strut Mounts/bearings

How do they stack up against KYB and MOOG? Does anybody know who mfg.'s them? I was thinking it was KYB, seeing as that's OEM. Thanks :tongue:

Edited by navygz19

How do they stack up against KYB and MOOG? Does anybody know who mfg.'s them? I was thinking it was KYB, seeing as that's OEM. Thanks :tongue:

The strut mounts that AC sells are made by KYB, and come with bearings. Mine worked OK while they lasted, but they got damaged prematurely due to improper installation of strut spacers (my fault) :blush: , so I can't tell you if they would have lasted longer under more "normal" circumstances.

On the other hand, I don't know if the OEM mounts are made by KYB (I know the OEM struts are), but the KYB mounts and bearings sold by AC are definetly not the same as the ones I got from the dealer. The mounts and bearings I got from the dealer seemed to be a bit better built, with sturdier plastic and stiffer rubber.

Honestly, if I had to buy them again I would go for the OEM ones, since its such a pain to take appart the strut assembly to replace them.

THIS was why I was asking about it being OEM (scroll down to #3 here) I didn't think they were though. Anyways, thanks for your input. Anyone elose had experiance with the A/C bearings/mounts?

I figured dealer parts would be better but more $$ as well. If the KYB's hold up alright, then I would go for them.

Thanks guys (and girls! :tongue: :tongue: )

Edited by navygz19

You shouldnt even really replace them unless the D shaped hole where the strut goes into the mount is rounded out.

I'm about to go OME lift w/ KYB's...I think they should be replaced.

Should have mentioned that to begin with...