Update On My Pathy...

arcano

Just a quick update on how my Pathy is turning out down here in Panama. By the way, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all the help, advice, tips and suggestions. :beer:

The truck was pretty much stock just a year ago. It is an 98 SE, but it came without anti-lock brakes, without airbags, with 4.63 gears and with the rear LSD. I don't know if it was a special edition or something like that, since I bought it used, but I love it.

Currently the truck has the OME lift with HD coils + 3/4" strut spacers up front (many thanks to Tyler for the spacers and to Dean, Alex and many others for the installation advice). It also has Rancho RSX struts and RS9000X shocks, Warn manual hubs and 31" Pirelli Scorpio AT's on U.S. Wheels Daytona black steelies w/3.75" spacing. With the new wheels and the spacers I think I may be able to fit 32" tires without too much rubbing. :jig:

I also got a Warn M8000 winch, but I had to rig a Warn combo kit bull bar as a temporary solution until I find a better way to mount it. Right now I am waiting for a set of front and middle Black Panther skid plates that are already on their way from Canada (many thanks to vengeful for getting me in touch with Marcel), and a set of Rock SliderZ from 4Crawler (Roger) which should be ready soon.

I really want a front bumper for the winch, and a rear bumper with tire carrier so I can get the spare out from under the truck. Anyone wants to sell me their front bumper? I am not too picky; I will take any TJM or ARB as long as it can take a winch! lol! After that, who knows...maybe front and rear ARB lockers and some mud tires! We get some serious mud here in Panama during the rainy season, which lasts for about 8 months.

Did I say I love my truck? B)

Is that winch mounted on that brush guard.. and ... where did you find it... its... beautiful...

Yes, the winch is currently mounted on the brush guard. It's a Warn Combo Kit bar, meant for mounting a winch on some older trucks, so its definetly sturdy enough. It's not meant for R50s, but can be made to work if you fab an adapter plate to mount to the frame using the tow-hook mounting location. Took about an hour to make the adaptation in a local shop.

I still need to fabricate an additional bracket to attach the bar to the frame at a higher point for additional support while winching, but I haven't done it in the hope of finding a 'real' bumper. Maybe this weekend...