Where Is The Pcv Valve

jreidg3

it is on the rear of the engine in front of the fire wall, tucked behind the intake manifold. i saw my mechanic swap it out and he accessed it from the back of the engine, about half way between the middle of the engine bay and the passenger side. it's easier to get to if you remove the intake manifold, but he was able to reach behind it (with a lot of difficulty) to get to the pcv valve.

• 2 months later...

Ok so I got the digicam out and looked all around for the PCV valve. I took a picture of what I thought was the pcv valve however it looks like just an open tube to me. Please follow the link below and let me know if this is a picture of the pcv valve on a 2001 pathfinder. In addition the pCV valve from Advance auto parts is threaded on on end with a nut in the center for tightening it down.

http://jreidg3.googlepages.com/home

Thanks,

Josh

Edited by jreidg3

Your PCV is located on the top of the plenum chamber. For ease of directions, as I cannot upload the Adobe drawing from the manual, go to the letter A of NISSAN that is written on the plenum chamber. Below the A is the air vent 10mm bolt for relieving air out of the coolant system. To the right of this is a large rubber hose that is connected to the plenum chamber and then drops down to a tube. The PCV valve is screwed in the plenum chamber here and is connected by that rubber hose to a tube below.

To remove, squeeze the clip together with a pair of pliers and pull of the hose. Unscrew the PCV valve and replace with new one. I can not see from your photo if the PCV has a tappered thread or if it is a straight thread and has a fibre washer? You just need to make sure it is sealed to prevent air getting in.