What Diff Will Fit

Pinkie

Hey all

i have a 1989 4-cyl pathy with C200 open rear diff.

I was lookin thru this forum for days now but can't find any info of what will fit to replace it with lsd.

Or is my only option to change the rear axle? If so which to look for? From what car.

I come from Europe, Slovenia, and we have a very limited part selection for these cars.

I was also considering welding it, but don't know how will it work and for how long, being this car my daily driver also.

Thanks for any help.

J

Not too much available..... i am going to swap a H233B into my 4cyl for more options.

for the C200:

LSD = Nissan 300zx TT rear will work

EDIT = 88 is correct. it is not the TT but the 300z turbo that is a R200.

Locker = ARB

thats it.

Good Luck!

Matthew

Edited by McClurgM

Not too much available..... i am going to swap a H233B into my 4cyl for more options.

i've got the front diff and rear LSD axle out of a 95 (h233b) with the 2.6xx gearing...its in charlotte...you pick it up and name the price and its ures...

i've got the front diff and rear LSD axle out of a 95 (h233b) with the 2.6xx gearing...its in charlotte...you pick it up and name the price and its ures...

Was it hard to remove the diffs?

I have purchased a donor pathy to remove the diffs already. Its an 87 open carrier, so that i can lockrite it.

Thanks!

Matthew

for the C200:

LSD = Nissan 300zx TT rear axle will work

Locker = ARB

Just so there's not misinformation out here - the 300ZX TT doesn't have a rear axle. It's IRS. It also uses an R230 rear diff, so that wouldn't work in a C200 either.

Just so there's not misinformation out here - the 300ZX TT doesn't have a rear axle. It's IRS. It also uses an R230 rear diff, so that wouldn't work in a C200 either.

which z car had the Rear R200 with a LSD that can be used in a C200???

I know one of them did.

EDIT = 88 beat me to the question.....it would be the single turbo 300z not the TT....sorry.

Edited by McClurgM

Ok, so no options really for me.

What about welding it, how are 90 deg turns on street and stuff?

If i decide to replace rear axle, which will fit with as few mods as possible? (maybe any other than nissan's?)

As for the offer unccpath... thanks. Because i live in Europe, so i thing geting your axles to here wouldn't be really easy.

Because i live in Europe, so i thing geting your axles to here wouldn't be really easy.

no worries...that would be a heck of a trip for them...although my uncle did that when he was stationed over in germany...he picked up an axle for his camaro and had it shipped out but i think it cost him what the car was worth...good luck

Correct me if i am wrong .....(as i am sure you will) :)

I believe that the H233B out of a V6 Pathfinder will fit in with no major issues. There are more options for lockers and the such for the H233.

got that, thanks.

How about from any other 4x4 truck, will any fit??

I read some of your (88path..) about welding the diff? What will it do when i get to a 90 deg turn on the pavement???

Can i damage the rear? Tell me more about it. thanks