Wd21 Towing Capacity?

87pathmaker

So, I just picked up a 16ft glasply (~1500lbs) runabout with a 88hp outboard (~300lbs), and will be towing it on a small ez-load trailer probably 15-16ft (~300-500lbs)... not many hills, no more than a few miles to drop her in the water.

Pathfinder=87 pathfinder, 4" trailmaster lift, 3" bl, 33" tires... I haven't thrown on a tow hitch yet, I was going to incorporate it into the steel bumper i'm going to have fabbed. Only thing I think I might be concerned about is not having heavy duty springs in the rear.

Can she do it? Or should I borrow a buddies truck until I pick up my titan :)?

Yep....she can do it. Auto or Manual? If auto, make sure you install an aftermarket, external tranny cooler if you haven't already done so.

Well, if it's manual, you're 1000lbs under max tow rating. As long as you know what you're doing, clutch-wise, you'll be fine. Make sure, if you haven't already, that you've got the tranny fluid filled to 5.1qt as opposed to what the fill hole allows. There's a TSB around here about the issue of fluid starvation to the front bearings. Oh yeah....and ONLY use GL-4. :)

no, xecaribe. you can't tow a car. unless it weighs less than 3500lbs.. or you want to prematurely kill your pathy.

i tow our 18'6" bayliner with a 125 outboard motor (about 2800lbs) with ease with mini (5 spd). i don't even use 4 lo to pull the boat out of the water.... she just grabs n goes.....

king will get a hitch and also pull the boat eventually.... but not as often, that's why i didn't lift mini much. she's the worker, king's the wheeler. :)

i KNOW a pathy (WD-21) can tow over 3500lbs.. but i do not advise it.

i get very little (if any) sag when towing the boat, and i never use 5th gear. i run 55mph in 4th at 2800rpm. the biggest killer is running low rpm's when towing. keep the rpm's above 2500 and you'll be fine

mini at work

Edited by Slick