Will '95 Ring And Pinion Fit Into '97 Axle?

blamtro

I believe the '97 has a high pinion R200A front axle and H233B rear axle. I am trying to re-gear my pathy to the 4.636 gears and need to know what other pathfinders or even other nissans could be donor vehicles. Currently, I have a '95 pathy available as a donor. Will these gears fit in mine? I can't tell from the FSMs.

Mike

Edited by blamtro

My 87 Pathfinder (C200/R180A) came with 4.6 gear ratio. I believe that some HardBody trucks and Pathfinders came with the H233/R200A 4.6 gear combo.

Also some or the early model Xterra's came with the H233/R200A and 4.9 gear ratio.

Matthew

Edited by McClurgM

Yeah, but they're 4.625:1, not 4.636:1. Different gears.

How close do they need to be???...I thought that there is some tolerance in gear ratios not being exaclty the same.

The HPR200a can only accept HPR200A gears. It will not accept any other R200a gears, as the HP ones are reverse cut.

Just find an R50 with the 4.636s and swap the whole diffs. That won't be much more expensive than simply getting the R&Ps, especially if you get them through a JY.

In fact, give me an ARB Rear Locker, and I'll give you either an Open or LSD 4.636 rear 3rd member. ;)