A/c Refrigerant

Zilverado

So has anyone here got experience running LPG refrigerants such as Duracool or Red-Tek in their A/C systems? Our '92 has never been recharged and still cools not to bad. But I am thinking of topping it up with Duracool.

I am currently running Red-Tek in my '86 Chevy and it works well, just thinking of doing the same in the Pathy.

Now before anybody starts with the "if you want your vehicle to go BOOM..." responses, just know that I am aware of the "perceived" risks and have read many articles for and against these products. And despite the risks, I drive around everyday sitting on 35 gallons of highly combustible gasoline as well. So, it comes down to making an informed decision - - and to each his own.

Let 'er rip... :FartExplode-vi: (so to speak)

Edited by Zilverado

I do not, yet.

But when my last case of 10 yr old R-12 is used up (thanks, Dad!), I will absolutely be using the LPG refrigerants. I will never willingly use R-134a in my older R-12 vehicles. It is a terrible refrigerant with so many compromises it is not even funny. It's just crap. I am patiently waiting for the industry to move on...

Tip: Do your homework or get an expert to help you out. I recall the LPG refrigerants are blends and some of the molecules are very tiny and require barrier hoses. I THINK the pathy came with barrier style hoses, but I'm not positive. May need to change some seals as well. Again, not positive. Keep in mind, that is no differant than what is required to do R-134a right. The only difference is the LPG will have at least 25% more cooling capacity than R-134a and it will not lead to premature failure of your compressor as you can continue to use the lubricant it was designed for.