Warn Hubs Again...

I searched the Warn Hubs topics but never found if there was a resolution to the question of whether Warn Hubs will work with the AutoMode version used in the later model Pathfinders and the QX4 (mine's a 2004 LE). Warn said if it fit it would be listed for that model year (it isn't) but he didn't know why, and AC said it "may not" fit due to wheel clearance and "may not" fit due to spline count, but they didn't know for sure either. Anyone know?

Steve

The hubs may not fit the OEM wheels due to the size of the center hole on the wheels, but the hubs should fit on the axle splines.

The main problem with manual hubs on the automode transfer case is that when the hubs are unlocked, the transfer case can get "confused" because it expects the front driveshaft to be rotating. When the hubs are unlocked, the front driveshaft doesn't rotate. There's a risk that you could damage the transfer case if the hubs are unlocked.

• 4 weeks later...
A while back i heard this problem with a certain oem wheel center being too small ,,,which wheels (style -year )

Just for the record.

My 2001 with factory aluminium 16 inch wheels the warn hubs fit fine my transfer case is part time.

I put Warn's on my 2003 Pathfinder/ No problem with the fit and they are the same as the 2000, 2001, 2002.....all are 33 spline and bolt right in. I did not get the expected increase in MPG by disconnecting the front diff but at least I cut down on the wear to the front CV's. Don't know about your transfer case. Mine is a manual operated one.