Electrical

milehighcowboy

I have an 87 pathy that i am putting the manual into (as you all know very well by now lol). everything but the front drive shaft and t bars are in. i am now trying to figure out the electrical. I found out a few things about my wiring harnesses that might help ya'll a little.

(harnesses going from front to back in length)

Main harness has folowing wires (first color has most on the wire);

White (W)

Green (G)

Green/Yellow (G/Y)

Blue/Black (B/BL)

Blue/White (B/W)

Blue/Red (B/R)

Black/Red (Bl/R)

Red/Black (R/Bl)

Second harness has;

Black/Red

Yellow

Third;

White

Fourth;

Brown (Br)

Black/Red

Fifth;

Black

Sixth;

Yellow

(sorry no pics i can get some if you really need me too)

Now i discovered that the folowing combinations on the main harness iluminate the corisponding lights/gear choice on the dash:

W+G/Y=Park

W+R/Bl=Reverse (also turns reverse lights on)

W+G=Neutral

W+B/R=Drive

W+B/BL=D2

W+B/W=D1

W+R/BL= nothing (ground?)

So sam said you have to trick the truck into thinking its in park to start it. Well since the dash said it was in park with W+G/Y. I thought that it would turn over. Well to no avail i got nothing with the wire combination. i also tried starting it in Neutral. As well as the combo W+G/Y+R/Bl Why is it not turning over? Is it that the wires i am playing with are nothing more than lights in the dash? Touching more than two at a time to the W wire (excluding the R/Bl wire) will blow a fuse for the dash (blew a crap loud just to confirm this). I have not messed with any of the other harnesses mainly due to I do not know what they are for exactly. Also I am unsure on what exactly the last two harnesses are for. I know that they connect to the transfercase but exactly what sensors I am dealing with is beyound me :blink: . Can you help me in this? What do i need to connect to get it to turn over?

Oh yea :itsallgood: the short was a blown 10 amp fuse I skipped or missed or something the night I was looking at them all. Its fixed and now all dash lights work again.

ok nope did not install that little guy im sure i can pull it still though. well i will wait and see if any one else chimes in. i sent a few PM's out as well. thanks dan

you wont need that switch. all you have to do is touch the two wires for the inbibitor relay to gether and it will start. thats IT! theres also reverse lights but to get the thing to run all you have to do is touch the two wires together and it will start. get a manual, find out what color the two wires going to the inhibitor switch are. find them. cut them. the touch them together. go inside and start truck like normal.

i did what 89 said...twisted the inhibitor switch wires together and bam she started...it took me about 2 weeks to figure it out and 1 night about 3 am i woke up out of a dead sleep and went @!*% theres an inhibitor...i had been overlooking it on the schematic knowing there had to be something somewhere to not let it start as an auto in gear

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to nissan and said ok guys show me on here exactly what i need to cross to start this damn thing!! we went out to a pathy they had in the parking lot (dealer vehicle "who knew they had nissan delivery trucks) popped the hood and they showed me exactly what wires i had to cross. went home BAM started right up. now what i wanna know is.....New thread.... thanks for all your help guys

ben