A Favor

Pavelow Leaks

I need to see if someone would be nice enough to go see what size the bolts are that hold the CV to the transfer case on the drivers side, because while changing my alternator I noticed mine had decided not to be there anymore :huh:. Threads aren't stripped, holes aren't elongated, they just aren't there...and my halfshaft is just hangin. Damn gnomes!!! I don't want to assume they are the same as the passenger side, even tho they probably are..and I don't feel like luggin tools out to timbuktu where they decided to put the pathys in the JY. Thanks.

I tried to pull one for you, but it refused so I did the next best thing. Yes, 12 point 12mm, 8mm looks right, 1.25mm pitch is correct coarse metric pitch for 8mm, the casing they go through is 23mm and they dont protrude so about 20-22mm length of thread, OAL of 30mm.

If this is what you mean, thats the front differential, not the transfer case you lughead. :FartExplode-vi:

B

post-819-1176860371.jpg

Meh...I got em from the JY, theres a gold 93 with 45K on it fresh to the yard, I got the bolts, lil cubby hole under the radio since I didn't have one, both hubs, rear view mirror, hatch supports, various other hoozits & whatnots. Apparently I'm the only one that ever takes crap outta pathfinders there, cuz everytime I go it's all the same.

I'd still like to know where the one's that were in there went, how do 5 bolts just disappear..without causing any thread damage or elongating any holes, it boggles my tiny lil mind.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

Well if you weren't out wheeling, there would be no pressure on these explaining that nothing got f'd on the treads or holes. As for why.....did you replace your CV shaft lately? Matbe it wasn't torqued right? If not ..... Gremlins ?:shiftyeyes: