Tire Size

WaarrEagle

I need to replace a set of tires on a 2001 Pathfinder. I know the stock size is 255/65 but can you go a size wider? I know people do that frequently with car tires but I wasn't sure about SUV's. Also, does anyone have any good tire recommendations? Its not 4x4 so I just need a good highway tire. The tires on there now are Yoko Geolanders and I have been pretty happy with them.

Edited by WaarrEagle

If you never plan on taking it off-road more than a simple dirt track, look at the Michelin LTX M/S tires. They're slightly more expensive than the other tires in the class, but they've been known to last 120,000 miles or more, and have a highly regarded track record. Check out the reviews for them on Tire Rack.

I need to replace a set of tires on a 2001 Pathfinder. I know the stock size is 255/65 but can you go a size wider? I know people do that frequently with car tires but I wasn't sure about SUV's. Also, does anyone have any good tire recommendations? Its not 4x4 so I just need a good highway tire. The tires on there now are Yoko Geolanders and I have been pretty happy with them.

You really can't go any wider on a 16x7 wheel. I would stick to the factory size. The Michelin's are $140 each at Sam's Club. They ride like a dream!