87 oil leak

87oilleak

Hey guys I need some help with this. I have a 87 pathfinder v6 I had a massive leak comming from the front crank seal, so I replaced the front crank seal both cam seals and the timing belt with all Nissan factory parts. But I still have the same leak. Starting to drive me crazy. Somebody help.

Did the new seal seat all the way when you replaced the old one?

The crank/cam shaft could have a burr on it that damaged the new oil seal after you replaced it, did you fully inspect the crank/cams prior to installing the new seals?

It's possible that the new seal was damaged as or before you installed it.

I'd check / replace the PCV valve. I couldn't get the gear off to change the crank seal so it still dripped a little after the t-belt replacement. Once I replaced the PCV valve it pretty much stopped. Follow the hose coming out the top of your passenger side valve cover, the PCV valve is at the other end screwed into the throttle body...or was it the manifold? Either way, its at the end of that hose.

When I replaced the seals I cleaned and "scuffed" the sealing surfaces. I have 4 years automotive experience none of which are with Nissan. Some new info it seems to only leak when I have been driving for an extended time. Prior to replacement of the seals I drove 1 and a half hours and oil was almost a steady stream comming from the front crank seal area. After replacement of the seals it doesnt seem as bad but still leaks slightly.