ball joint/center link..

jgt

Hi all, got a question that I'm sure someone here would know the answer to. So I've posted pix of the motor that a friend help me put into my 92 4x4 pathfinder, he also replaced the rt. inner cv boot. Now, after he did that the steering wheel is crooked and is pulling to the right. So I brought it into goodyear to have an alignment. They said they couldn't do it because the steering wasn't tight and ball joints and centerlink needs replacing before the alignment, $1100 estimate. My question is, could it have been something we did during the engine swap process? ie, droppping the front axle and stuff? I don't recall the loose steering and there was no pulling to the rt. side before we replaced the Rt. CV boot. Or do you think th is coincidence? Thanks, just another newbie question :hide:

:) thanks -julie

no..ball joints and centerlinks are known weak spots in pathfinders, they "could" align it better than it is, but most shops wont work on things with worn components...if its stock and you don't wheel hard replace it with factory stuff. If you plan on lifting and putting bigger tires I recommend upgrading....no where near $1100 btw.

Ditto. The steering and suspension parts are notorious for being loose even when they don't "feel like it" through the steering wheel. The alignment shop could do an alignment and then when you go to leave the looseness of the parts will result in the alignment being off every time you turn a corner. :(