Is it normal to think of your wife as MOM?

merlinx

I could not tell you how many times my dad has said that about a talk he has given me, and then said 'ok so if she asks if I told you this, only remember the other stuff I told you.'

lol

You should work for the Courts! :clap:

:laugh:

Guest SuperSon

dont worry about it too much merlin.Its half caring and half trying to control you.Nip it in the bud now while its still early at that stage ;)

Oh yeah ,as long as you dont think of her as your dad youre ok :aok::laugh:

I call the wifey "Mom" in front of the kids, by her name most of the other times. :X

As for the nagging, just try to ignore it. Both of you made most changes prior to marriage. Not much changes quickly after mariage.

Here you go it works every time:

Go up and sit her down and say "Listen bi$ch you need to quit treating me like a "effin child. I want to be treated like the man that I am. I drink and smoke when I want. If you dont like it then you can pack sand cause I am sick of your $hit. Now meet me in the bedroom in 5 with no clothes on or else.

Outcome A: She apologizes and says I am glad you are able to express your feelings and assertiveness. I am so turned on that I want you right here right now.

Outcome B: (most likely) She kicks you square in the peppers.

Just kidding around with ya I would never say that to my wife. As my wife is very strong willed (a quality I absolutely love about my her) and would probably go with outcome B.

Seriously though you have to communicate. I swear communication is the key to a succesful marriage.

Here you go it works every time:

Go up and sit her down and say "Listen bi$ch you need to quit treating me like a "effin child. I want to be treated like the man that I am. I drink and smoke when I want. If you dont like it then you can pack sand cause I am sick of your $hit. Now meet me in the bedroom in 5 with no clothes on or else.

Damn, She kicked me out!!! :o

Just kidding :)

Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys. I got more replies here than when I posted about Pathfinder stuff. I guess I made it sound worst than it is. I did talk to her but I guess the key is to pick your battles. Sometimes ignore, sometimes fight -argue- , and sometimes just avoid :hide: . Depends on the person I guess but as for me I hate talking about stuff that doesnt get you anywhere. She is going away next week and Im going to enjoy it. I think you guys are right, time apart is key.

Sounds like you got the jisst of it!!

One more tip from me that I have found to really help is to find a hobby. (if you dont already have one). I have a few like riding the dirtbike, boating or 4x4'ing none of which I have been able to do lately but anyway. What I really mean is a simpler maybe less expensive hobby. I have taken up brewing beer. A hobby gives you a little time away from the fam. Not too much time but just enough. I'd say to brew a batch of beer from start to finish a month later takes a total of about 4-6 hours. Spread out ofcourse. And at the same time try to convince your wife to take up a hobby. My wife has gotten into scrapbooking, simple yet effective as I take care of our daughter for a couple of hours while she gets to do her thing. Just an idea.

Sounds like you got the jisst of it!!

One more tip from me that I have found to really help is to find a hobby. (if you dont already have one). I have a few like riding the dirtbike, boating or 4x4'ing none of which I have been able to do lately but anyway. What I really mean is a simpler maybe less expensive hobby. I have taken up brewing beer. A hobby gives you a little time away from the fam. Not too much time but just enough. I'd say to brew a batch of beer from start to finish a month later takes a total of about 4-6 hours. Spread out ofcourse. And at the same time try to convince your wife to take up a hobby. My wife has gotten into scrapbooking, simple yet effective as I take care of our daughter for a couple of hours while she gets to do her thing. Just an idea.

Thanks for the idea. I currently do have a hobby/career change flying helicopters and now getting my fixed wing rating but its too expensive to do it a lot but it does feel good when I do it. Not much time right now anyway we have a 2 year old and a 10 week old so that takes a lot of time.