Xterra Questions

Gotrek

I think I've put my last repair in the pathfinder this weekend. New idler pulley and new rear sway bar links.

I think this will be my last fix before I let this old beast die. I've fixed so many things it runs and drives like new. But I can no longer keep up with the frame cancer And finding a frame with no rust around here is next to impossible. I just fixed the Frame sides but now the top of the frame is gone. Also rusty lower quarters ahve caused all kinds of electrical issues (water where all the wriing/relays are = bad!!!) I just don't want to let it die I love the damn thing.

Now on to the Xterra question. Someone told me the frame is the same as our generation pathfinder, is this true? Could I transplant my pathy's body onto an xeterra frame?

I should probably just buy and Xterra though :)

Edited by Gotrek

I don't know if the frame's the same. Rather doubt it.

We're looking at replacing our pathfinder too. No rust issues whatsoever (been in TX it's whole life, I bought it new), but the reliability as a daily driver is starting to come into question. So far nothing looks good.

I'll buy your frame :) Kidding.

What will likely happens is I'll fix the bodies rust and then my GF will drive it till it dies. I'll kep strengthening the frame till I can't anymore She'll buy soemthing else and then I can take the body off and find a replacement frame (when she no longer needs it.)

I love mine. But At some point I have to give up.

Edited by Gotrek

I don't know if it will fit. However, ther are people in Colorado who have rolled their Xterras who may be looking to get rid of the frame.

If a used Xterra turns out to be too expensive, a buddy just bought a mint-condition 88 Pathy for $2700. This fricken thing is so mint it makes my '03 X look like a piece o crap....