HELP!

I was in the woods friday night doin some wheeling and when I left I could notice a distinct clicking noise coming from my front passenger wheel... I thought it might be the hub not fully disengaging, so I repeatedly put it back in four wheel and out, but the problem still exists. The clicking stops when its in four wheel... Is my hub broken and needs replacement or is it hung up and can I do something to fix it? I've never had to deal with hubs before! HELP PLEASE!! :help:

Guest SuperSon

does the 86-89 have manual hubs? I seen a couple of 87 and 89 at the JY that has manual hubs and was wondering if thats aftermarket or they do come with it originally.

since it only clicks while NOT in 4WD, put that side up on a jack and turn the wheel by hand to see if you can isolate the noise. If it happened in 4WD, I would guess a CV joint about to go but you might just have something in your hub. I'll either post or PM you the hub exploded diagram for the 95.

This is if you have auto hubs........

If you drive in 2wd and it clicks, when coming to a stop, does it clunck right before you get stopped? If so you probably have a sticking or bad hub clutch on the oposite side.

Guest SuperSon
I don't think many came with manual hubs, but manual hubs from a HB will bolt on if they're the same spline count. I've done it before!

so im assuming that the spline count on 86-89 would be 27 right? Is it even worth pulling it ? the reason im so eager to pull it out is to give me an idea how hard it would be to do it so in the future I know when I do mine :D

i have also had my brake pad shims (from cheap ass advance auto parts) become un adhered and start hitting the hub bolts on the spindle...

i say jack it up and spin it...and if im not mistaken it will engage while u spin...keep an eye on the cv to see if they''re locking or what