Newbie from AR

rotus7

New to the forum...

I found a 2001 Pathfinder and was all set to buy it but the financing fell threw. I have to wait a while before I can buy, but I want want to do a little research before the time comes again when I do buy.

I've decided I want a 2001 to 2004 Pathfinder, most likely focusing on an 03-04. What I want to know from you guys it the best model to get. I know I want to get 4wd. Leather with heated seats would be nice as well as a sunroof. I've noticed that some have the manual 4wd with a lever and some have the electronic with a switch. Which is better for offroad? I plan to do light to moderate offroading, not extreme rock crawling. I doubt I'll ever make it out to do the Rubicon Trail or anything remotely close to that. What are the models and options to look for? I may eventually do a lift but haven't decided on the direction I want to go as I don't have one yet. Thanks for your input, look forward to it.

WAVEY hello. welcome. sounds like you picked a pathy with every option already..... heated leather seats are pretty much top-o-the tree.

pick which trans suits you... if yer gunna do a lot of in-town driving. trust me! a 5 speed is NOT what you need lol.

i have both a 5 spd and auto pathy. my auto is my wheeler... i love them both, i love my 5 speed, but it sucks in traffic and in town to shift all the time.

Yeah...I forgot to mention, it will be an automatic. Mostly my question is about the 4wd: electronic or manual. But it if there are other things to look for like locking diff and stuff like that.

The 01 I was looking at was in amazing shape and only had 57k miles. The only flaw I found was the button on the parking brake was deformed with some gouges but it still worked. Would've been an easy fix though.

BTW: Thanks for the welcome

Edited by rotus7

Welcome! The "push button" 4wd system doesnt have many problems that I know of. I guess, if you are not going to be much of a hard off-roader, its no big deal.

Ditto, I havent heard anything bad about the switch version... although I dont have one, and dont know much about it -- I am sure there are a couple threads in the R50 section about them. I think a lot of us prefer the manual 'stick' version of the T-case, simply because it just feels right to put it in 4 that way.

Welcome to NPORA!