60000 Mile service

ColinBen

In Australia, we have a 100000Km service that includes a Timing belt change, so I assume that in the US, this is the same with the 60000 Mile service.

If this is so, what is the typical cost charged by a Nissan dealer. ??

Cheers,

ON a 2002? Do you not have the 3.5 L engine? I'm not sure on Aussie spec Pathfinders, but if you do have a 3.5, there is no belt. IT's a chain drive.

Also, in the US (and Canada) all the 3.0, and 3.3 L engines don't call for a T-belt change until 100,000 miles. That's from 94-2000

First of all, double check your owners manual for what nissan recommends. As a dealer employee, what nissan recommends and what we do, during a service, can vary. We charge a flat fee of between two services. Our basic service is $399. Most of that is draining and filling the main fluids(Oil, Coolant, Trans fluid). Then it includes the following..

Rotate tires

Replace Air and Fuel filters(if applicable)

Clean, adjust, inspect & service brakes

New wiper blades

Toe Alignment

& lube chassis, door hinges and completely inspect the vehicle for any needed repairs.

There is a Preminum service that includes everthing above, but, inclues fluid flushes instead of drain and fills. Also get a oil system flush, Intake Induction service and brake fluid flush. This service is $699.

We dont change spark plugs in a regular service anymore due to most of the new cars dont need them till 100,000 miles(and some are a b@#ch to do). We also throw in free roadside assistance with the Premium service.

Everthing else is broken down into smaller services due to longer service intervals. Now there is always the exception of the person who beats thier vehicle a little harder, more maintence may be needed.

Wow, I sound like my boss after all of that!

The engine is a VG33(E), The Engine Maintenance service book says to replace the timing belt at 100,000KM (60,000Mile),plus all the usual fluid replacements and check, brakes and all the other usual things, but appears quite adamant that the timing belt replacement should be done.

Thanks for your comments ,

Well, its in the dealers getting done, got a good quote, then they said that it needed another $300 or so of work done but it would be ready on time.

I then asked them to confirm that timing belt had been changed, "it doesn't have a belt", yes it does, its a 3.3 litre, and it says to be replaced as part of 100,000 service in the maintenance book, "wait a moment, we'll call you back". Ten minutes later, "unable to finish today, but we can lend you a set of wheels until its finished".