Man, I keep taking it on the chin

wheel366

So, I've had this coolant leak intermittently. It happened for two days then nothing for 2 months. You could smeel it and see that it was leaking but couldn't tell from where. I started happening again two weeks ago. The leak is slow enought that I only have to add a little to the tank every week. We found the leak. It is coming from the heater core hose. So, they re-tightened the clamps and it stopped temporarily but started again one it got warm.

it turns out that the heater core is leaking inside and outside the firewall. They say it's a 7 hour job. I must have over 16k invested in this truck. DAMN!

I need a drink!

heater core is inside the truck so it's something else leaking on the outside of the fire wall. check again because maybe it is outside only (in the engine compartment.)

i haven't done one on a pathfinder yet (crossed fingers) but i have pretty much on every other car i have ever owned. it's not really that bad. just keep track of all the screws and bolts, don't get discouraged and you'll get it done in no time flat. it's totally doable in a weekend and if you work hard and fast definitely can be done in one day.

It's already at the shop. They ordered the part. Not sure if they got it today or will get tomorrow. They said something about where the hose connects is leaking and something like the end of the core is plastic and that may be leaking too.

doh...i was fixin to say i have a spare heater core laying around thats getting ready to be chunked well go to the scrap yard...also a condensor... good luck with that

but yea i think u have to pull the entire dash then pull the blower motor and all of that crap which is a huge PITA then you can disconnect it at the firewall and pull it out and install everything...def not the easiest heater core to change...if it was me with the way the temps are getting here i would have had to put a U tube on it and be cold in the mornings...

def not the easiest heater core to change..

yea considering i did my friends dads 89 f150 heater core in about 45 mins :)

(ok an hour if you count filling it back up :))