roof lights, some more questions

iLLlegal

hey everyone, I'm going to be getting some nice O/R lights to go on the roof of the pathy pretty soon. my first question is if I end up going with like cheapo ones am

I really going to notice a difference from like lets say PIAA or KC's? I'm not on a

tight budget but would it be more practical to get cheaper ones? In case I hit them

and such.

and another note do people mount them on the stock roof rack? if so can I see some

pictures of how they look. and my main concern there is being kinda far back does

the roof of the pathfinder cut off the light in anyway?

Mostly they are mounted on light bars (for the older 2 door wd21 models, or on safari type roof racks....) I have cheapos, but they seem to take in alot of condensation..they work great......I hear nothing but great things bout the PIAA's.... :shrug:

if i go with something nice for the front is the stock roof rack still practical place to mount em? I can see from your pathfinder 88 that you have

them back there. work good?

I also need to add more lights. Instead of the roof, I'm going to put them next to the wipers - mounted on the panel between the windshield and hood.

Another idea to think about. :beer:

I also need to add more lights.  Instead of the roof, I'm going to put them next to the wipers - mounted on the panel between the windshield and hood.

Another idea to think about. :beer:

Can you get under there to bolt them down? I haven't looked just wondering? Hell, might as well put a police spot light on then....

Edited by govols74n

Here is what I did with mine

fourwheeldrive080.jpg

They are on the original roof rack. Cheap 20 dollar sets. They spotlight real well but aren't very good for flood lighting. My reverse ones on the other hand just light up the landscape

I don't have pics of mine (no digi cam :( ) but mine is a piece of metal rail that clamps onto the OEM rack. The PO installed it so I'm not sure where he got the metal rail :( It is kinda of a U-Shape when your looking at it, with the open side of the U facing the top of the rack

The only issue I've had with the lights being so far back is you can't have your moon roof open with them on :D

Edited by Harbinger

I don't have pics of mine (no digi cam :( ) but mine is a piece of metal rail that clamps onto the OEM rack. The PO installed it so I'm not sure where he got the metal rail :( It is kinda of a U-Shape when your looking at it, with the open side of the U facing the top of the rack

The only issue I've had with the lights being so far back is you can't have your moon roof open with them on :D

hmm a peice of U beam hey? not a bad idea. stock roof rack does look a lil flimsy.

good thing i dont have a moon roof :unsure:

That would be it, if I can get a decent enough pic with my cell phone I'll post it.

Although the PO had some metal plates made to mount the larger KC's, they move the mounting point behind the light bar itself to place the larger lamp.

I threw some autozone cheapies up there and they just filled up everytime it rained an i had to dump them. I still have the wiring, and I soon hope to put some PIAA 520's up there. IMO, those are the best lights for the job.

I threw some autozone cheapies up there and they just filled up everytime it rained an i had to dump them. I still have the wiring, and I soon hope to put some PIAA 520's up there. IMO, those are the best lights for the job.

S-I-L-I-C-O-N-E :D