Oil Relocation

barthel

...in a never ending series.

I just got my oil filter relocation kit and am having a few issues with where to mount the filter base, nowhere seems to be a really good place to put it (although the oil filter is HUGE). Even with a smaller filter, it's gonna be tight.

Are there any issues or problems if I mount the base horizontally rather than vertically? If I can turn it on it's side, the I can fab a bracket real easy coming off the fuel filter bracket.

As usual, I thought I'd ask the pros.

:bow:

Dual or single?

Here is a pic of where I mounted my Dual kit

relo01da1.th.jpg relo02sa7.th.jpg relo03rt8.th.jpg

Ad here is how Filthy Lurker did his

frk3.JPG

Be both used the same location but went about it differently in regard to the brackets we made.

EDIT 07/03/2009: Two pic fixed and two more added, Note that the zip ties were temporary and have since been removed. This was to stop a leak that developed between the hoses and barb fittings

It's a single.

Where did you move the relays and fuse links on the PS fender wall.

Right now, I'm leaning toward moving the fuel filter back toward the firewall and fabbing a bracket to attach to the old fuel filter location. I'm definitely getting 90 degree fittings. They come out of the top now and I think that's part of my issue.

I never moved them, the bracket that I made stands to the inside of the relay housing ;)

*meaning the relay box is in its stock location and is between the inner fenderwell and the oil relo

Depending on how much fabbing you want to do.... I bent and welded a bracket that bolts to the firewall, side wall, and top of fender liner. On this bracket is the oil filter and all the auxiliary relays and fuse blocks... I had a photo somewhere... can't find it right now....

Sweet Slick! :aok:

I'm going to do something similar. Same location, mounted vertically. I found some 3/8 NPT 90 degree adapters at the hardware store that will solve my top clearence issues.

Thanks all, you've been a BIG help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SuperSon

Looks great Bart :cool2: I like that clean install.That reservoir looks purrrrrdy too :D I bet your valve covers are the same color

wish theyd make teflon tape in clear or transparent

Edited by SuperSon