A Stupid Question

Smithk

Well I've been working on my taxes and hope my rebate can purchase me 5 new wheels and tires. My 1993 Pathfinder is running the P235/75R15 tires and stock non-lego wheels, but I was looking at the Crager Series 397 Black Soft 8 but what is the max wheel size with back spacing I can run without a lift or rubbing. I'm also looking into tires also, since I do lots of highway and city driving but also go offroading with my pathy and any suggestions would be great. I've read the tire review forum and it some what helped. Basically I'm not the brightest when it comes to wheels and tires, etc. so that is why I need your help, if you want to help. Thanks.

Edit: Nothing mzxtreme I meant offroading, been a long day at work and mid-terms at Uni. So sleep isn't a factor at the moment... that is what July is for. I did use the search button but this would produce some what easier results tailored to my current needs. But I am sorry :bow: please forgive me

Edited by Smithk

I am probably going to get flack for this but...I picked up the Hercules MT and they are the best all around tire I have had yet. Better than my toyo's,goodyears,and procomps.

I rate them as follows: wear-8

noise-7

mud-7

snow-8

ice-4

strength-8

Now that is MY opinion.

B.

but what is the max wheel size with back spacing I can run without a lift or rubbing.

I JUST went through the exact same set of questions as you, although I am going to lift mine.

Stock wheels are 15X7 with a 4" backspace. On that rim, the largest you can go would be a 31X10.5X15 tire.

When I changed my rims and tires, I stayed with the same size tire (31's) but went with a 15X8 wheel, 4" backspace. I have no rubbing issues.

Here they are;

DSC00201.jpg

By the way, the wheels are Cragar Black D Window wheels, $39 from Summit Racing.

Okay so let me get this straight I can put on 15x8 as long as it has 4" back spacing and there would be no rubbing issue and yes I have the steel/chrome rims which must be 15x6 because it makes my pathy look so small. Thanks so far.

Edit: barthel yes your pathy gave me the idea for new wheels and tires, because well I was looking for a similar coloured one with black wheels.

Edited by Smithk

Okay so let me get this straight I can put on 15x8 as long as it has 4" back spacing and there would be no rubbing issue

Correct. Mine don't touch anywhere (not that I've found so far)

mws is the one who set me on the 15X8 path. On a stock 7" rim, the 10.5 tires have to squeeze in to fit the rim that's 3 1/2" smaller. With an 8" rim it give syou that extra inch to flatten it out. He was running the same set up and noted that his wheels just kissed the indside of the contraol arms when he first put them on, but he adjusted the steering stops and it took care of it.

In my wheel style, Cragar had either 4" or 4 3/4" backspace. It did make mire tires stick out from the body a bit more, but it looks sic!!! sly