Jet Performance ECU

SteeevO

so its possible to receive programmed ecu's?...i thought they were non-flashable...if you get 1 thats programed does that make it flashable? if so some smart computer folks need to figure that out for us...i think it would be fun and interesting to tune up the pathy for daily driving then for off roading...

sorry i didnt have any input to benefit you but i thought this was interesting...

i took an extra ECU appart to take a peek under the cover.. it's not that exciting.. yes the chip is soldered on teh board.. and from what i have read they unsolder the stock chip and put a socket in there so from then on teh chips can be replaced by sinmply pulling the chp out of the socket and pressing in a new one...

Where can i get a chip reader/programmer and editor for these ships?.. i'd like to start playing with it.

i already have a pretty good i dea of how it all works etc. i've been a EET major in school for over 2 years now.. 've done alot of c, c++ & assembly programmig as well as visual basic and webpage stuff...

I too had spoken to Lee from L&P a while ago about this. jsut like 88 said, what he does is desolders the chip, solders in a socket and reprograms a new chip. then anytime you do somthing to your motor you can simply unplug the chip and send that down to him and he will reflash the chip. or somthing like that.

really wish Lee could get back on the fourms. that guy had some pretty extensive knowlage on these ol motors.

LEE, COME BACK :(