2001 3.5 motor poping P0140...

MellowCat

humm i would have to say it would be the passenger side rear 02 sensor. this is based off the 2000 pathfinder fsm. but the 2002 pathfinder fsm doesnt have that code and it is the 3.5 while the 2000 pathfinder is the 3.3. what does the code say when you go to reset it? if its bank 1 sensor 2 then its the passenger side rear sensor.

My Reset tool doesn't tell me where the O2 Sensor is located.

Here is what I googled:

P0140 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

I seem to have alot of O2 Sensor issues. At one point the dealer said all of the O2 Sensors would go. I added up over $600 to replace them! I've already spent almost a Grand on electrical parts this year!

Any help would be appreciated!

Scott

• 3 years later...

Man, talk about annoying (sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but shockingly it was the only one with 'P0140' in the title). My '01 has been throwing this code for months. I came across some documentation on TSB NTB02-006, as seen in the following link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/baddad1/2010-02-08_222344_NTB02-006.pdf

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be covered for free by a dealer as the truck is obviously now 9+ years old and has just over 100k on it. I originally planned on replacing the rear sensors, but since they do nothing for the performance of the vehicle and we don't have inspections here anyway I opted to just eliminate the SES light by manufacturing a homemade MIL eliminator. But damn if the O2 sensors aren't the most difficult to remove of any car I've ever worked on in my life! Not the location of the sensor itself, but the 4+ feet of cable that seems to be secured to the vehicle every 8" is a little ridiculous and I'm not even sure how to get to some of the clips.

Anyway my main reason for this post is to see if anyone thinks Nissan would do the repairs per the TSB free of charge or if I'm @!*% outta luck on that one, and if I am are there any guides to removing those sensors without tearing apart half the truck to do it? Option C is I do nothing since the sensors don't do a damn thing in the first place. That light is just so freaking annoying.

I'd appreciate any input you guys can give.

Man, talk about annoying (sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but shockingly it was the only one with 'P0140' in the title). My '01 has been throwing this code for months. I came across some documentation on TSB NTB02-006, as seen in the following link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/baddad1/2010-02-08_222344_NTB02-006.pdf

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be covered for free by a dealer as the truck is obviously now 9+ years old and has just over 100k on it. I originally planned on replacing the rear sensors, but since they do nothing for the performance of the vehicle and we don't have inspections here anyway I opted to just eliminate the SES light by manufacturing a homemade MIL eliminator. But damn if the O2 sensors aren't the most difficult to remove of any car I've ever worked on in my life! Not the location of the sensor itself, but the 4+ feet of cable that seems to be secured to the vehicle every 8" is a little ridiculous and I'm not even sure how to get to some of the clips.

Anyway my main reason for this post is to see if anyone thinks Nissan would do the repairs per the TSB free of charge or if I'm @!*% outta luck on that one, and if I am are there any guides to removing those sensors without tearing apart half the truck to do it? Option C is I do nothing since the sensors don't do a damn thing in the first place. That light is just so freaking annoying.

I'd appreciate any input you guys can give.

A tsb is not a recall.... it's just a note for techs to better identify an issue... sorry, but you'll have to lay down the money.... or do it yourself...

S.

If you need to replace the O2 sensors on the back of the engine, spend the money to get Nissan to change them. They are well known to burn out soon after being changed. But if you get Nissan to change them, they come with a 1year 20,000km (I think it is 15K miles) warranty. I got Nissan to change mine, then they blew 1 month later. Now Nissan is changing them completely for free (labor and parts). Only thing it will cost me is the gas to drive the truck down to the dealership and back. Plus the ones on the back of the engine are insanely hard to reach.

If they are the O2 sensors on the cats, those are very easy to reach.

Edited by Northernpathy