T-bars and Spark Plugs

barthel

Hey All,

Well I've finally started getting all of my parts in for my build and I am majorly stoked!!! My bone stock 88 will not be bone stock much longer. Because of that, I have a couple of dumbass questions.

I ordered my uca's and am getting ready to do the front end. Is there a particular order in which I should do it (i.e: t-bars, uca's, tires, or the other way around) or does it matter. If I'm going to crank the t-bars for lift, do I need to re-index them first?

I'm putting in an MSD6 ignition with a Blaster SS coil and Taylor wires. Any opinions on lugs for that kind of set up? I've been reading the threads about Iridium vs. Platinum vs. V-power but can't really draw a great conclusion, so i wanted to find out what's worked best for you guys (and gals)

And not to sound like I'm kissing too much butt, but you have all helped me a lot. I had no clue when I first thought about doing this, and now at least feel like I know enough to be dangerous. =)

Thanks

Guest SuperSon

I've been reading the threads about Iridium vs. Platinum vs. V-power but can't really draw a great conclusion, so i wanted to find out what's worked best for you guys (and gals)

Thanks

They all pretty much work the same except the iradiums last longer .about 3 times longer that the regular V-power.You dont want to leave those plugs in there for more than a year anyway because of seizing.I had a hard time replacing my plugs that was installed 2 years ago.never again would i let a plug sit in there for more than a year.

Some people use iradium coz plug 6 in a PITA to remove and dont want to deal with it for a long period of time but after youve done it a once its a POC :aok:

I did mine just last october and regapped them in december and it was easy removing that #6 plug

Edited by SuperSon

I have a MSD 6a ignition box with a Blaster coil currently. I've been running bosch platinum +4 since last march. I'm gonna upgrade to ngk iridiums though. I've heard pos things about them.

anyone has experience with those new e3 plugs?

Edited by solid snake

I use NGK iridiums...my take on v power, +2, 4 or however many prongs a spark plug has, electricity takes the path of least resistance, you could have 10 prongs, its only gonna hit one...the same one, everytime. I could be wrong, but thats what I think about them.

Kinda what I thought, but I went ahead with Bosch Platinum +2. I figured if one spark was enough, 2 could be better, and at least if one fouled the other might be ok. I haven't pulled them in over 2 years and probably 20-25k miles and all is fine.

You won't get 2 sparks, or 4 sparks on a 4 prong. You will always get only 1 spark. The extra electrodes are there as "backups". As Pavelow said, the spark will always jump to the one ground offering least resistance. As it burns away, the resistance will go up so the spark will go to another one. That'w whay the +2 or +4 will last longer - you don't have to replace until both or all 4 have burned away.

I use standard NGK plugs and change relatively frequently (every 20 or 30K). And ALWAYS use anti-seize on the threads.