In Cabin Microfilters

Guest drbigz

Dude, change the filter. I changed mine at 35K and it was super dirty. When you buy it from the dealer, it comes with instructions on how to change it. It takes less than 5 minutes. It's behind the glove box. You have to take out the hinges that keeps from glove box from falling all the way down when you open it. Then, you have to unscrew several screws (i think it was 8) and the whole glove box and panel around the glove box will come off. Then, it'll be right in front of you.

One thing to be careful about: The long rectangular piece right above the glovebox that says Pathfinder needs to be removed so you can get to the last screw that holds the panel. This wasn't in the instructions.

I got my microfilter from the dealer. They were charing me forty something dollars. I told them I can get it from $28 online so the guy said ok and changed it.

Guest drbigz

I don't remember where I saw it for $28 but you can just tell the dealer that. I think my nephew got one for his Xterra from xterraparts.com .

I think they were available starting with 1999.5 models. I just checked the two 01 Pathfinders in my family and only 1 had the filter. It was NASTY as it hadn't been changed in forty something thousand miles. Thanks for the help!

If you don't have the sticker you probably don't have the filter. My family owns 2 01 Pathfiners and only 1 had it. I guess it was an option. The one that did have the filter was filthy as it had over 40k miles on it. The cheapest place I have found to buy them is from pathfinderparts.com. It will redirect you to another site but just order from there.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest doug
If you don't have the sticker you probably don't have the filter.

I don't understand that statement. I don't see a link between having the original window sticker and whether the vehicle has the microfilter option installed.

BTW, I'm in the same boat. I just got a 2002 SE (with quite a few options) and was wondering whether it had the filter.

The sticker is located on the inside of the glove box door. This sticker is different from the sticker listing all options on the car, etc. It is very small and should be in the center of the glove box door once it is open.

I don't see a link between having the original window sticker and whether the vehicle has the microfilter option installed.

Sorry for the stupid statement-- I misunderstood which sticker you were talking about. After more reading, I figured out what you meant. I apologize for being a moron. -thnkboutit-

BTW, I asked the parts guy at my local Nissan dealer about the filters, and he said all '02 models and up had them. Don't know about '01 and earlier....