tire help

meangreenmachine

Using the search feature I have come to the conclusion that only 31-10.5-15 tires will fit under a stock pathy. But I haven't been able to find out if anyone has tried 31-12.5 or 32-11.5 and had any luck I do not do any serious off roading with a lot of flex. It's my daily driver/family car that I occasionaly take mudding. If any one has tried these on stock pathys please let me know and how bad did they rub if at all.

A 31x10.5 is the best option on a stock Pathy. Your steering will hate a 12.5. On stock rims a 10.5 will not rub but depending on the backspacing of an aftermarket wheel it might. A 32x10.5 would fit ok with a stock height suspension with fancy trimming. Wider is not better when trying to fit tires on a Pathfinder.

And a 32 will rub like hell.....believe me.....I tried....

Stick with a 31x10.5, unless you lift. You can do a good 3"SL for $300-$400

Search around. Here's your keywords:

Jeep Grand Cherokee (JGC) Coils

RoughCountry (rebranded Superlift) UCA's

im not sure of the back spacing and what not on my 95 but i had to crank the t bars to keep them (31 10.5 r15) from rubbing the front valence and fender flares and if i hit a good bump or go over some easy flex the rears will hit the fenderwell and fronts hit the flares...

but my 87 with stock wheels has no issues with the 31's (10.5 r15) except i didnt reindex the bump stops so if its turned hard the knobs on my mud rovers will hit the frame rail...

don't forget that if it's your "daily driver", slapping on some bigger and wider oversize tires will drop your gas mileage down also.

Not to mention be noisy as h*ll on the open road. I have A/T tires on my ride a couple sizes larger than stock (265-70-15 I think...not going out in the rain right now to look!) and even with the windows up its hard to even talk on a cell phone with the noise of the vehicle (and suspension is just fine)

I cant imagine how noisy big mudders would be, but on a serious off-road rig they would be the ticket of course.

i have les schwab wild country txr's on my pathfinder in a 31x10.50 they do really good. not real noisey and good enough for the occasional off-road trip. they are also off my chevy so the backspacing is different to where they stick out from the fenders. they are on a 15x10 wheel also so that doesn't help. they rubbed until i put a 3" body lift on.

Edited by aries247

Well thanks for the input everybody. I think I will stay with the 31's. Noise is not an issue for me considering my custom exhaust is pretty loud and my k.c. light bar whistles at anything faster than 15mph (anyone else have one and have had the same prob? any fixes?). So I may go to a little more aggressive tire. My work carries codovan tires and I am currently runing wild trac xrs and am going to switch to a wild spirit rvt. Maybe one day I will lift it but I love the way it handles now and I haven't been able to get it stuck yet. I am glad I found a forum with so much info and others who are willing to answer questions (sometimes redundant) so quickly. :beer: