no spark....

alex1230

hi!

so,now that í´ve put in an ´89 vg30 engine with the ecu and the complete (!)

wiring i´m in trouble.

the lights don´t work,the engine won´t start...main relay,wiper,blower all the stuff works fine,even the fuel pump starts to work by turning the key.

please guys-what may be wrong?

i´m thinking about a ground problem (thinking about that,because "beam"-light is on all the time...),but i don´t know where to start searching...

if anyone could give me a wiring scheme of the ignition stuff,it would be a great help.

i´m sure,i´ll get the lights and stuff working,but i need to get the engine running first...

alex :help: :confused:

i had an issue with mine not turning over...i just ran a wire from the solenoid on the starter to a toggle swtich to test roll over (and for now starting until i get the relay in place) for some reason the #4 pos. on my ignition didnt work...

next ? did you change steering columns? some of the connectors sill fit each other and shouldnt this will cause problems as well...

hi!

hmmmm.........that may be!

i´ve bought an old rusty vg30i terrano (u.s.-spec-model) and took all the stuff i thought i´d need.

right this monent,i remembered i didn´t chance the pedals.

what are those 4 switches for?.....maybe i should go out and try...

alex

hi!

today i pulled the ecu codes.it says 11-crank angle/camshaft pos. sensor...

i almost had that thought.

some wires had gone lose fromthe right side of the engine bay withdirection to the distributor.

i´ve soldered them together in the way it had some logic to me.

does anyone know about the wire colors and their connection?

alex

hi!

thank you all for your help-just found the gremlin:there was some bad connection within the wiring harness...

it´s running now,but with no power.i´ve tried to check the ignition timing,but the marks on the crankshaft wheel don´t fit with upper death center...

during driving,it feels like that thing can´t idle up as it wants.

i adjusted the ignition timing by free hands and it got better,but still hasn´t the torgue it should have.

for example-in 5th gear i can hardly reach 110km/hour...

alex

possibly a loose coil wire or plug wire?...no problem on the help thats what we're here for...i forgot my book this morning so i was running late...but i have had my truck run like it was running on 5 cylinders b/c of plug wires and a bad coil...also if it has been moist there is a chance that the dist cap could have gotten moisture under the cap and some of the contacts got rusted...

it might not be a bad idea to swap out the rotor, cap, coil and plug wires if u have the $ its not a guaranteed fix but it would be a starting place...also i'd check the rest of the harness or check the voltage on the other end of the wires you found snagged up...maybe theres a loss and a result of the poor performance...

I'll try to tell u exactly what those wires were once i get a chance to look at this book...

Edited by unccpathfinder

hi!

i pulled out codes yesterday again-the ecu tells me "55"...nothing wrong there. :mellow:

but-fuel consumption is really bad now (needed about 15 litres/50km yesterday)

and the engine absolutely has no power. ;)

today,it started to idle up and down with reaching normal temperature.

rpm rises to about 1500rpm and falls to 800...rises and falls.... :help:

i plugged in the diagnosis computer we use at work,but even that one can´t find

some error.

everything seems to work fine,but driving really isn´t fun now...i use the 2.4 coil now because all the connectors were the same as the 3,0 coil-maybe that´s what´s wrong? :shrug:

i even checked all connectors,the cap,rotor,plugs and all that stuff,but i can´t find anything wrong.

compared to the 2.4,it´s like riding an old horsecoach now... :blink:

That sounds to me like the MAF wiring. Mine would idle real funny, and like to stall out on me at times when my wiring was acting up. I'd check the groud primarily, but disconnect, clean the connectors, and reconnect.

hello!

something like that could be...that would explain the fuel consumption too. :unsure:

today,i changed the coils-just plugged in the original v6 coil to see what happens.

it got better,but on speeds above 3000 rpm it seems that thing won´t get enough fuel,air or even wrong timing. :confused:

as soon as the tachometer reaches the 3000 mark,any torque and power is gone. :huh:

hmmmm......difficult to explain that effect-i can push the pedal further,but nothing happens.

even shifting in a lower gear has no effect-all ends at 3000-3500rpm...it still runs fine,no stalling or something like that.

it just can´t move the rig faster than that by any reason...

to have something compareable-if it would be a diesel engine,i´d say it reaches its top idle speed and the regulator switches the hole thing off-and on again,as soon as idle speed drops.

btw. does anyone know,which wires which ecu pin connects?maybe there´s something wrong with that.

thank you all!

alex

http://arrc.epnet.com/autoapp/8671/whgdata/whlstt88.htm#88 this might help...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2429&hl=2000 maybe this too...

PM me with an email address...i just took a bunch of pix of my FSM so hopefully they will be readable and helpful...