87 Pathfinder Audio Wiring Colors

DukeDuke

I am in the process of installing a CD player in my 87 Pathfinder. Someone cut the harness's off. And, I am tryin to figure out what the wiring color are for our rides... the CORRECT ones. The 12volts aren't right... or atleast not for mine. Please help as soon as you can. Thank you!

multimeter...and then hook up the speakers 1 at a time to see what wires go where...my truck never had a stock radio and it was ahcked from the the time i got it...ran a ground to the frontwall and a hot lead off of my fuse box from i think the clock fuse...

i know this is not the safest or best way to do it but in 6 years i never had an issue...

Edited by unccpathfinder

Thanks, I have been playin with my DMM for about an hour, and am not getting any signal. I am unsure as to why either. I haven't used it in a while and kinda forgot how it works. But I hooked up the old CD player and got it to turn on.... hooked up the same wire with the power, have it grounded off and it still won't turn on. I dunno what the deal is.

your speakers wires are going to be the same colour for each speaker(ie, right will be green and green/black). take a 9 volt battery and put the wires on each terminal(say green on +, green/black on -) and the speaker will "pop". you will find which speaker is what.

but honestly, find a constant and acc. wire. you can run your own ground with next to to problem. and then run new wires to each speaker. thus bypassing the stock amps.

Thanks guys. I took care of it the other day. I got my DMM, and found all the wires. My buddy has a $700 matco DMM so I used it and tested for them all, and found them. Thanks again. I will put all the colors on here later tonight for anyone else here on out. Thanks again.

glad to see ya got it going..

.i have had my body panels out so many times swapping speakers and wires that it takes me like 15-20 mins to get every body panel out of the truck...and now it sits with none until i get all of my wiring for lights, cb and radio done

Yeah, I also found out I didn't have any rear speakers in mine. So, I am bout to buy new sets for the front and rears. The paper cones blow a$$ so I am in deed in the market for some new ones. I might even up grade to some comps. who knows. But thanks again. I am not doing any lighting or a system in mine, don't want to ruin the electrical system in it, since it is so old. But I will be putting in a CB. Thanks again, I am about to run out there and get the color codes after while. Thanks again guys!

in my 87 (XE) i didnt have front speakers but i did build a box that holds 4 3.5" speakers where the cab light is...but in the rear below the triangles i put 6x9s...

the box with the light is my speaker box...i forgot i did the custom headliner too...

2050078_47_full.jpg

and if u look closely u can see it hanging down about 2.5 ins in the middle...

2050078_70_full.jpg

born and raised in fayetteville NC but live in charlotte now and work in gaffney SC

The only problem with the box is if ure taller than about 6'2" your head can hit the corners while offroading...my roommate got a nice strawberry 1 time from the corner...im 6'0" and have never hit it...

Edited by unccpathfinder

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...